Some help buying decks

Demshy

Safe guys, I'm looking to buy some new decks as my current ones are pretty crap. I have a few questions first. Where is the best place to buy second hand CDJ's? Gumtree looks good but loads of the good deals seem to be scams. You email them and they reply saying they are out of town - the usual shit. I have a budget of about £700 and so was thinking of getting a pair of second hand CDJ800's. Is it worth saving up more money and going for the CDJ1000's? They seem pretty similar to me and they are much more expensive, or are there any other CDJ's I should be looking at? Also, is there anything I should look out for when buying second-hand decks apart from the obvious stuff like all the functioning.

Alternatively, I've been offered some technics to borrow for a year and so was thinking of buying Serato Scratchlive for them and not buying the CDJ's. What do you reckon is the best option? Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

Im biased so I'd say go the technics route. If anything, just so you have a thorough background and skill set in playing vinyl. For me there's nothing worse than someone who can rinse CDJs but can't do a single thing with vinyl. It'll also mean you can save up more and possibly buy new.

That would really depend on personal preference- I would recommend the serato scratch live option ( also slightly biased)- just because the benefits of using a DVS (digital vinyl system). Also serato can be used with decks/cd decks or a combination of the two.

As for CDJs, the main difference between 800s and 1000s is the ability to use hot cues, however 800s do have an autolooping function. So this would really depend on your djing style. Other features of 1000s include better screen display, adjustable jog sensitvity (Mk3 only) etc

Bottom Line, if you are offered a set of technics for a year- dont look a gift horse in the mouth!

Cheers for the feedback guys. Anyway, ended up finding a good deal and bought myself a pair of CDJ800MK2's ;) Still going to borrow the technics and so will get traktor/scratchlive if I can when the next student loan comes in May. Should make for a nice setup....

Cheers for the feedback guys. Anyway, ended up finding a good deal and bought myself a pair of CDJ800MK2's ;) Still going to borrow the technics and so will get traktor/scratchlive if I can when the next student loan comes in May. Should make for a nice setup....

Hope you have more luck with your 800mk2 than i did with mine off gumtree :(

What happened with yours?

only 1 of my cds work, happens to be the most expensive cdrw. now i have to pay over £100 to have the laser replaced/repaired to get it working again. n the twat who i bought it off has dissapeared!

Back
Top Bottom