Some fresh stuff waiting to get the light

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
Hello folks!
Yep, I'm still around, with a really tight time frame for every dozens of things to do in RL...
Most of you guys don't know me, I just disappeared from the net a while ago, due to family commitments and studio upgrade.

So here I am back with some new works which I would love to share here before to send them over for demos...
I need also some feedback on how does it sounds the tune called "The Oracle's Vision", as I'm currently working on the mix and setting of that tune...

I know, it's not nice to post too many tracks in one thread, but I hope any of you has got the time to review...
Cheers!

Oracle
So far in the intro there are some nasty sounds going on. Something sounds off about the guitar pluck when the bass play comes in, that drop is sick. Fx all around sounds very good. I love the bongoish hits, I am not sure I like the guitar halfway through the song. 2nd drop is better than the first.
Mix is nice too, good work.

IV4 the frontman of dnb forum.. :)
The sound of the guitar goes off due to compression when the bass pump in. I'll fix that. Thanks for noticing.

Could be a good point about the guitar into drop, you r prolly right on pointing that it can be better without? I'll give a go.

Does the drop have enough impact? Is it too muddy perhaps?

Thanks for the feedback, u r the man! ;)
I'll have a look around the forum to check what u guys r doing so far.

Tracks currently not available.

I know, i can't get this soundcloud...
The t racks are there but they don't work here in the forum.
So it needs to click on the link underneath and they will open.

I dunno why my private links they don't works in here.

The Orcale starts really abruptly, and the guitar / whatever sample comes and goes seemingly at random, look into reworking the structure. Maybe extending the intro a bit, smoothing into things will help the wonky beat out as well. B-line is cool, the drums are nice, but a little far back in the mix, the guitar samples again seem a little random and a bit too loud IMO. Like the atmospherics and incidentals. 2nd drop works much better.

Crankshaft's intro works a lot better, but is still a little bit fragmented. Grooves along pretty nicely, hats could do with a bit of a boost.

I sort of get where you're going with the foley in Eraser's intro, but it doesn't really do a lot for me. Nice atmosphere, but there's a whole lot going on at any given moment, every once in a while less really is more, would be nice to hear just a bar or something with bare drums, bass, atmos, whatever, just to switch things up a little bit.

Great tracks, man.

Nice one Ape!
I've to say u got a fetish for the intros? lol
I like your in depth review of the three tunes.

Oracle: you said that guitar comes and goes random, you mean in terms of squeezing dynamics when bass occur or how it is arranged?
the guitar samples again seem a little random and a bit too loud IMO.
Guitar sample too loud when mixed into drop?
And yes, it start abruptly, kind of bored of smooth starts. :sadbana: but I know you r right!
Why 2nd drop sounds better??? :twitchy:

Crankshaft: I know that it need a fresher and more tight mix, but I didn't notice how back are drum's tops... Good catch!

Eraser: I get and I like your vision about clearing a bit and create even more suspense on atmos... I will do that!

Thanks bro! (y)

Great Tunes Bro!

You got the whole Phace thing goin on and that's a compliment!

I agree with everything Ape said:

Key points:

Oracle : Bring the drums up front a touch. Might not have to completely get rid of the guitar just think of some more clever and subtle ways to bring it in and maybe play around with the timing of it...

Crankshaft: Boost the hats is all I got, Like the flow of the rest of it..

Eraser : My personal favorite. Love the "foley" refered to by Ape, actually would like to hear it with just a little atmosphere in the breakdown for a bar or so..Again I'd bring all of the drums out front of the mix a touch. Not a whole lot just a touch.

Hah! I wouldn't say I have an intro fetish, but they're your first impression of any given tune, you know, and as they say; first impressions last.
With Oracle having a wonky beat and everything, I think the tune would benefit a lot from being eased a little bit into, an "abrupt" intro that throws you bang into it can be fine and dandy, but maybe not always as appropriate.

Yeah, it's in the arrangement, it's like, they're there for a few bars after coming out of nowhere, then they're gone for a bit, then they're back, and it's mostly the same snippet being repeated. It's such a distinctive sound (is it from that Noisia tune that it's too early for me to remeber the name of?) when it's just repeated like that I think it's more a distraction than an asset to the tune. Chop it up and filter it and stuff and I think you could make something out of it that sounds a whole lot tighter.

There's just something about the err.. dynamics I guess of the breakdown that lead into the 2nd drop a whole lot better than the intro, imo.

No biggie, overall great tunes, looking forwards to seeing what you cook up in the future.

it's like, they're there for a few bars after coming out of nowhere, then they're gone for a bit, then they're back, and it's mostly the same snippet being repeated. It's such a distinctive sound when it's just repeated like that I think it's more a distraction than an asset to the tune.

I see your point. You mean that they need to be smeared off a tad and glued better to the arrange. Is there the bits where I need a last kick of creativity..

(is it from that Noisia tune that it's too early for me to remeber the name of?)

I just played and recorded an F and F# on the 6th string of my guitar, but yep, I always loved that sound on Noisia's "Stigma" :love:... I actually think it is to obviously identical.
I might work out something different...

had a listen to crank shaft, some dirt there, nice work! like the toms, although I think they could do with just a little bit more space, esp the ones straight after the kick, the rhythm feels a bit off coz of them

get some more drum fills in there, at the end of the phrases, drop some perc hits out, add some rolls, make those phrases come to life a little bit more...apart from that tho, filthy

Back
Top Bottom