Drum & Bass Some feedback on a Cyantific remix wip please

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Azrael, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael New Member

Alright peeps,

This is something I've been working on for way too long and I'm happy with the structure as it is but would like some critical feedback on the production / how to clean the mix up a bit, and also any thoughts on the tune itself. It's a WiP so hasn't been mastered yet, but I feel like it's getting close to a finished product, just need your advice on how to make it really pop.

This is the first time I've dabbled with a dnb remix, or making any dnb to be honest. It's a remix of 'Don't Follow feat Diane Charlemagne' by Cyantific... got the accapella off the Hospital Records Accapellas, and then built it from the ground up.

2. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Lovely track mate can't really give you that much advise i'm at work with crappy speakers, ill check it again tonight but as far as I have just heard it it's real proper.

3. horace111

horace111 My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)

Hey man , great work, this is a nice track but it needs some work at some points. You should really boost the levels of your drums at the drop, they down in the mix atm, make them really punchy to make the track flow. You might want to look into your synthesizer volumes too, as they seem to come in waves (which on itself is a cool effect, but it's a bit overwhelming atm). I love the variation and the bassline. Keep up the good work!

4. Azrael

Azrael New Member

Cheers guys. Yeah I still have work to do on the drums, I've only really worked on the synths, leads and subs and need to get the levels right, seems if I lower something in the mix it throws the balance of everything else out... when you say the volume seems to come in waves, do you mean the swells and slow attack of the synths I'm using? You think there's too much of that going on?

One thing that isn't helping is that I'm away from home and am just using in-ear headphones to work it all, so I don't have the use of my monitors or headphones until I get back in a few weeks.

Any other advice / criticism would be appreciated..

Cheers, az

5. Azrael

Azrael New Member