Some darker business -> Black Sensi

Wow... that wav is huuuge, lol.

Really powerful start... I like the ugly sounds that are being used but on the headphones I'm listening to this on - I'm hearing all kinds of Comp Pumping. Everytime the Sub hits, your drums get drowned out.

At 2:20ish... the Comp Pumping doesn't sound like an issue anymore, but from this point on... everything is simply... 'clouded' and 'messy' sounding.

3:43ish - 4:15... that section is the cleanest sounding section of the track on my headphones... but then again, everything gets messy. It sounds like you're using a 'phasey' sounding mid range pad that's possibly clouding up the entire mix.

I'm not sure if this has to do with your mixdown, how hard you crushed the track during the master, or my headphones... or a combination of all of the above.

The track sounds like it's got a solid structure to it... like there was a decent amount of work put into it... but unfortunately I can't enjoy it because of the mentioned issues with the way it sounds.

Also, just my opinion... but the ending is too abrupt... either fade out that lead or make it trail off with delay or something.

penny
penny

overall a good, dirty, claustrophobic track. definitely dark. my only complaint is that the production seems a bit muddy in spots .

i agree with the last 2 posts. deffo lots of energy and attitude but I really cant hear anything past the drop, its too full.

Try this for a mixdown: Turn off all compressors and limiters, pull all your channel levels down to -inf and start your mix from there.

Because like this all the energy and badness in your tune kinda goes to waste cause you just cant make it out.

Thanks for all the comments! I guess I forgot to click on the email notification because I tought there weren't any replies so all these replies are a surprise :)
I have to agree with the bad mixdown, this is overall my main problem in producing.. I'm going to do a new mixdown and try your tips Kama. And also ad a better ending because it does end a bit abrubtly like Protoplasm said.

Pz

Last edited:
Try this for a mixdown: Turn off all compressors and limiters, pull all your channel levels down to -inf and start your mix from there.

Because like this all the energy and badness in your tune kinda goes to waste cause you just cant make it out.

Sage advice from a great Producer!

yeah the sounds in intro are scary

drums came in sound very low quality and badly put together

Drop is moody though

mix isnt great on this really needs to be cleaner so you can make out each element

its hard to keep an ear on whats going on in this as everything gets lost withikn other sounds etc

good effort on the writing tho! :)

Thanks for the feedback Zeal ! I'm working on a new mixdown, tried some stuff out last night but it keeps having this blurry atmosphere..

Thanks for the feedback Zeal ! I'm working on a new mixdown, tried some stuff out last night but it keeps having this blurry atmosphere..

It's that Phasey Pad innit!? I remember it sounding really midrange heavy... if you can find that one, maybe HP it a bit..?..

Hope you get it sorted, tiz a cool tune.

fuckin wkd tune :gun: could do with a lil variation in the beats, but very good!! :slayer:

Yeah man. I am no expert at matters but try whacking in some filters on each of your elements? might clear things up a bit?

It's that Phasey Pad innit!? I remember it sounding really midrange heavy... if you can find that one, maybe HP it a bit..?..

Hope you get it sorted, tiz a cool tune.

Yes , you were right ! Big thanks man :) but it was apperently not the only problem, it still sounds blurry but a lot less.. working on it right now, just finished another tune.. I hope to get a fully new mixdown by tomorrow.

Thanks everybody for all the feedback !

Yes , you were right ! Big thanks man :) but it was apperently not the only problem, it still sounds blurry but a lot less.. working on it right now, just finished another tune.. I hope to get a fully new mixdown by tomorrow.

Thanks everybody for all the feedback !

No Problemo, I'm glad you're getting it worked out :)

I posted a new tune today

:hinthint:

:clown:

Back
Top Bottom