Dubstep Some advice please

Discussion in 'Production' started by GV1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. GV1

GV1 New Member

I was messing with a horn sample in Kontakt and turned it into something mad. But after resampling over and over I still feel the actual bass sound is missing something.

I thought I'd ask on here because you guys are dirty. And these sort of sounds come from DnB.

Drums are weak, just there to fill the gap for the moment. I'm currently working on the bassline. What sort of advice can you give for getting more grit out of it? I love how sounds sort of morph into another sound that's similar. That's something to learn eventually tho.

Cheers.

2. StratosFear

StratosFear New Member

There doesn't seem to be enough low end, it's mostly mids and highs. Layering it with a sub would help, I think.

3. GV1

GV1 New Member

Thanks StratosFear, I had a feeling it was the sub. I never seem to get the subs right when working with samples. I've tried layering the same sample an cutting of the high end on one of them. But, when you start dealing with transitions and resampling without a sub, adding the sub after becomes problematic.

4. spung3

spung3 Member

Layer a nice fat Saw over it too.

5. CPR

CPR Codec - Mirrors Audio

you shouldnt really rely on a sample giving you your sub end, after resampling/distorting multiple times, a samples low end tends to also distort and not in a good way.
    from my experience id say the same as stratosfear, layering a sub underneth would do the trick. (y)