Some advice needed

savoirfaire

VIP Junglist
Hi,
Just a warning im a newb to all this shizzle so if anything i say sounds obvious then you know lol

I want to get some CD Decks when im older, the ones that function similarly to vinyl decks.

I want to know the best for value, good decks and mixer to get.

You could say get traditional decks that play vinyl but i dont want to get them for cost of vinyl purposes, the way i see it your paying for largely one track cz for me alot of AA sides are just fillers. If i can download the shizzle off beatport etc that i like then i can mix the tunes i want, saving money cz i'm not paying as well for a aa side if i dont like it

Also was wondering if you have to have a et of speakers when your djing(i plan to dj at home this isnt a profession ting) for the purpose of you need to hear the tune on the second deck on the headphones as well as playing the first out the speaker.

Thanks

Last edited:
Easy mate....

First off... you definately need speakers. Any kind will do that plug into your mixer. How else would you hear your mixes?

I champion vinyl... best format, it supports the artist best and makes you technically better. So can't help you with cd decks...

Mixer wise I trust vestax at an entry level... they are reliable, maintain value and solid.

Good luck mate and any questions just ask...

I have turntables and a CDJ.

My CDJ is the Numark Axis9 and it is sick bro! cost me just over £200 but that was in the sale. They retail at £249 roughly bro. Ask anyone else who has one (Sc0tty, Don't sleep) and they will say the same, they're good CD decks. Good price and value for money.

safe

Cheers guys.
@Quinn:What do you mean technically makes you better? Is it harder spinning vinyl than cd?
@Nitrous was that £249 for two decks?

If you have some patience, I got my Numark Axis 9 off ebay for 95 quid, you just have to wait for a good bargain, the only thing it was missing was a power adapter but I got one from a pound shop and it works perfectly.

Look for them on ebay with the listing ending at times when no one will be checking, like in the middle of the night or midday in the week, and you should have a chance of getting a bargain

I have never mixed on cd decks...so can't give an unbias opinion...

However vinyl is just a bit more difficult I have heard, it is easier to cue a cd, start and stop obviously, vinyl gives you a great 'feel' for djing. Also it lacks bpm counters etc. that makes mixing more through your eyes as opposed to ears. I have heard from friends who mix both, and do so well, that vinyl is a great place to start and get your skills up.

Yeah, ive used the numark axis cd decks and theyre great value for money, but you can also bag some second hand denon cd decks for pretty cheap second hand on ebay.
For mixers i would say go with a basic vestax mixer or preferably a pioneer, which can also be grabbed for bargain prices second hand.
As for vinyl vs CD mixin, i have experience on both and vinyl is definitely more difficult and requires more technical skill to master. Mixing CDs is pretty easy, and you dont get as much control as vinyl but they are great for mixin mp3s that arent out on vinyl.

While it does seem in terms of vinyl more appealing for the skills required etc, its just the cost issue i said at the start of this thread about fillers etc.

Much appreciation for all the feedback, bookmarked.

Easy mate....

First off... you definately need speakers. Any kind will do that plug into your mixer. How else would you hear your mixes?

I champion vinyl... best format, it supports the artist best and makes you technically better. So can't help you with cd decks...

Mixer wise I trust vestax at an entry level... they are reliable, maintain value and solid.

Good luck mate and any questions just ask...

im with this guy, if your new to mixing id suggest this... when i started mixing dnb ,i bought a pair of numark buget direct drive,vinyl turntables which came with a mixer, speakers,headphones and needles, everything youneed to get started, its all budget stuff mind, but thats how i started, plus i find learning on poor quality decks maks you better for when th 1210's come!

Buying vinyl should be pleasurable, i dont care bout the money, nothin better than goin down the record shop and finding new schtuff!, i probably havent helped at all lol, but peace, hop[e it all goes well 4 ya!

plus i find learning on poor quality decks maks you better for when th 1210's come!

Buying vinyl should be pleasurable, i dont care bout the money, nothin better than goin down the record shop and finding new schtuff!, i probably havent helped at all lol, but peace, hop[e it all goes well 4 ya!

100% agree i started on1 numark tt100 and 1 numark tt1650 and a propa old skool mixer with no eq and no gain control, however when i finaly got my 1210s i felt right at home :D

Vinyl over cds anyday :)

Safe

100% agree i started on1 numark tt100 and 1 numark tt1650 and a propa old skool mixer with no eq and no gain control, however when i finaly got my 1210s i felt right at home :D

Vinyl over cds anyday :)

Safe

Amen bruvna! I never understood how you could find mixing on a laptop fun either but hey ho

Back
Top Bottom