DnB Solitude

gotchu mate,
whooaaa naughty noises in the intro made me expect something totally different. i really like that 1st part of the build. consider using that nasty growl in your drop! The transition from intro definitely needs some work, it just kind of switches, needs some suspense built in.. maybe consider cutting your drums for build pt. 2 (when that bright lead comes in), then bringing em back in with a kick roll or something?
Your bass elements are hiding way back there on the drop (0:44) the drop lacks impact as well, needs some bass!
With some work you could turn this into a cool rock/dnb hybrid piece mate, just gotta keep pluggin away

gotchu mate,
whooaaa naughty noises in the intro made me expect something totally different. i really like that 1st part of the build. consider using that nasty growl in your drop! The transition from intro definitely needs some work, it just kind of switches, needs some suspense built in.. maybe consider cutting your drums for build pt. 2 (when that bright lead comes in), then bringing em back in with a kick roll or something?
Your bass elements are hiding way back there on the drop (0:44) the drop lacks impact as well, needs some bass!
With some work you could turn this into a cool rock/dnb hybrid piece mate, just gotta keep pluggin away

Cheers! Really useful feedback (y)

Referencing on HS8's

Drums - The choices for each element sounds good to me but the snare in my opinion is lacking some bottom end (a layer with a snappier snare would be good and maybe pull back the tail) - the kick I can hear fine though and has a nice presence in the mix !

Atmosphere - Never heard something like this before ! Reminds me of Pendulums stuff towards the end of their dnb career when it was crossing over to the rocky side of things ! very interesting stuff, not necessarily my cup of tea but can appreciate the vibe you're going for !

Bass - this has a good presence in the mix and sounds clear to me !

Overall - crank up those drums ! maybe take down the main synth by 10-15% and its all gravy !

If you could feedback me too brother I'd appreciate it ! https://dnbforum.com/threads/absent-without-you-liquid-feedback-appreciated.203068/

Back
Top Bottom