DnB Solid - One Big Ghetto

This is fat! Definitely rolling. Bass and drums hit hard and I love the percussion programming, especially the cymbals. For the sake of feedback I think the uhh.. laser noises are maybe a bit too loud, and the snare could maybe have a bit more snap in the high end. Liked & followed!

Cheers, much appreciated. Yeah, I think I'd better tone down the lasers just a bit.. I've only listened to this on my monitors and laptop speakers, so I might have shaved off some treble to compensate, will keep that in mind.

funky man, really like the drums! Not so sure about the toms though tbh, they pull me out of the main part of your tune, which is really nice! Great b-line & its got a lovely roll to it!
I reckon if you broke up some of the percussive elements you have in there (inc the lazers), introducing them back in on different phrases, different patterns, etc. You'd have a proper roller on your hands!

Cheers, though I'm not so sure about the mix sounding good; played this on the radio the other day and it sounded pretty crap TBH.

Looking into multiband compression as we speak, if anyone know any good tuts or just tips and tricks they would be much appreciated!

Err.. I listen to a lot of dub and dubby jungle, but I didn't really think I was making a reggae tune when I was laying it down...

Back
Top Bottom