Drum & Bass Solid - Monkey Barrel

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ApeCat, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

More of the same really, think I need to get my head out of the rainforest and maybe venture into deep space for a while some time soon..

Have a listen, beat your chest and let me know what you think!
    Also; tell me if the snaps, crackles and pops are my shitty blown up speakers or my sound card acting up again.

2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Not sure if I like the african jungedrums in the intro, they sound nice but they get booring rather quickly. Also I think your rimshot is way too loud in the mix. Cool track overall! The bass is really nice and the monkey samples are hilarious lol. Peace gonna go play some donkey kong now!

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I am really enjoying this style from you. I like the tribal drums a lot. There is just something about it that captivates me.

4. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Cheers, mates.

My monitors keep being delayed so all my mixdowns are being done on shitty blown up Dell speakers.

Will look into spicing up the intro a bit as well, didn't really put a lot of thought into it TBPH.

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I'm just gonna go ahead and give this one a bump.

6. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

well i dont know if here is anything to say i really love that rainforesty vibe of it sounds sick
    edit: well maybe that rimshot/snare thingy is a bit loud but that may be just my taste

7. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Cheers. Seeing that you're not the first person to point it out I think you're probably right and I've been boosting freq's that come out dodgy on my shitty speakers. I know there's one effect in a different tune of mine that comes out super loud on anything other than my speakers!