Solid - Ironsights [very wip]

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
Just had to show off the fruits of my past five or six hours' labour because I'm that fucking convinced this will be big!

CHOONE!!

Eh? Eh?

Eh?

Last edited:
Eh...Eh!

Nice intro, got me interested already....Those drums are super tight man....really liking them....alot! Nice techy kick thats hitting every so often too!

Definately got alot of potential.....it now needs some disgustingly over the top, filthy tearing bassline running through it thats gonna make you feel like shitting on a babies chest!

Awesome drums, the bass stab at the end got me rly interested, wanna hear the whole thang :D

Haha! I'm glad I left that little teaser there!

Struggling a bit with the bass to be honest; I've used the same percussion sample before to make some really nasty snarly shit, I tried frequency splitting it this time around and thought that would help tighten it, but fuck me all it's done is make me bloody confused in the head..

Gonna upload the latest incarnation later tonight, be sure to check it out!

OOOMPH!!

Seriously getting pleased with myself here, it's amazing how creative you can get when you live in constant stress and agony.

Today I kicked this big metal piece of shit behind the scenes during the show, skinned my fucking toe from the top of the nail and up to the little bump.
I had to hold my surely girly screams of excrutiating pain in while swearing like a sailor under my breath, put on a brave face and prance around in my dress and pull the ropes so that the kids wouldn't get disappointed in our play, all the while feeling my sock get more and more wet..

The bassline above is inspired by the incident.

I really like the intro but after 3 minutes of it the drop sort of just farts in the bath, for me.

Needs a way bigger and better punch at the drop.

Bigger drop and add the vocal from last runner and you'll have a decent tune on your hands...harsh but fair imo...

Have to look into the anatomy of drops..

Please keep up the honesty!!

Don't wanna add Last Runner vocals really.. Although the theme does fit, what with the space exodus and shit.

I'll have to think about it, really want to expand on Last Runner, give it a better bass and some tighter drums.

Drums and percussion are really great man absolutely loving that :) I think that drop is gonna have to be bigger after all that build up! Good job be interested to listen to the full track.

Damn, 3:48 really does it for me, nice one. There's something too midrangy and dry about the kick for my taste but it's certainly suitable for that bassline. Maybe tighten it just a little.

Not bad at all but yes i definitely agree with idea that drop should be more powerful,this tune has lots of potential!!

ra u shud edit ur first post so i dont waste time listening to an early version + take that one off the cloud anyway if u have a better one!!

neway i like where ur going mate, i would cut the release/decay on the snare down (tighter) and you really need a hi-hat on the drop so it fills out the high freqz and sounds cleaner - this is why people are saying it loses impact

That's Moskit's joke..

sure is... but it had depth and meaning, where is his is pure troll bait!

basicly, like house, this tune doesnt seem to go anywhere for me? i know this aint my sub genre, so im not sure of the nuances and style, but as said by others needs MOAR drop

Listen to Richie & the Papa...

You've been listening to some people in the production forum bit too much. I like a drop to lift me off the floor and slap me about the face a bit..do not go back to the intro unless you want people like Fishy to big you up. Your call.

Glad you lot are taking the time to push me around!

Thinking of calling this one a good learning experience and moving on to be honest..

Back
Top Bottom