DnB Solid - Double Bass [mylatest wip]

For real, even if you don't like it; just let me know why.

I'll go first; the transition from intro to track is bit vague, it just rolls on without much feeling of progression, the hats in the very start of the intro need reworking or simply removing. I'd also like to add some dead silence or a part where you only hear the tail of the verbs before everything comes back again and I really want some vocals to go on top of it - and of course I need to make a breakdown and a second drop and whatnot, but I want to get this first part nice and tight before I run off into uncharted waters.

I think the bass could have a little more impact :) and I agree with Neomind, good work mate!

I thought there was really interesting percussion in this song. I agree about the bass, and feel as though the bass voice could be expanded in the following ways: both wider in the spectrum (more mid-frequencies) and more notes/variation so we hear it more often; you might also need to just plain turn it up. I did like the flow of the song in general; it didn't drag or linger too long on any one part. If I had any other critique, it would be that often there was almost nothing in the upper frequencies at all—you could add pads, strings, maybe even a whole other lead melody. I know there was a mid-high "shimmery" pad in there at times, but there is still a lot of room left in the mix.

Big cheers, guys!
The plan was to add vocals to this, but I'm not sure I ever will..

But I will be considering your feedback when I go back to this in a few days.

New version up, btw.

Back
Top Bottom