Software to record mixes

StriveDNB

What's everyone using ATM? (wouldn't mind using something free that would allow me to record some mixes here at home) - Any replies are appreciated. :D

Audacity works wonders for me.

yeah man audacity is great for just standard recording - tbh i'm not good enough at "sound engineering" to know how to produce my mixes after recording so I never need anything else really

well i just downloaded the app , but am a bit stuck... just also bought the rca to mini cable and got it plugged into the master out and i believe i have the cable running into the correct line in on the comp... just not sure on settings ..... any help?

might need to elaborate - also what input is it going into on ur comp, microphone??

actually got it, but got a question... well what i did was i had it plugged into the blue section on back of the pc... and it wasn't picking it up... so was told to plug into the one with a mic upright... which is my red one... however i was also told i may need to reboot so it can pick it up..i did that and it picked it up.. i do have a question on the output level slider... is it to be max at 1.0 or is .5 okay?

actually got it, but got a question... well what i did was i had it plugged into the blue section on back of the pc... and it wasn't picking it up... so was told to plug into the one with a mic upright... which is my red one... however i was also told i may need to reboot so it can pick it up..i did that and it picked it up.. i do have a question on the output level slider... is it to be max at 1.0 or is .5 okay?

i literally have no idea what you just said. Um.... probably .5 shud be alright but if the mixes end up soundin a bit quiet crank it up a notch, if u have the output too high then it might get a bit distorted on the heavier bass bits.

lol .... my bad man .... i didn't elaborate much when i was really asking for help ... thanks for the replies ... big ups

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

alright a bit stuck again.. i recorded a few minutes to try it out and i want to save this , but as i save it ... it only shows that i will be able to open it up within the program... so i guess i didn't save this as mp3? any help?

nah you have to export it as mp3.

File >>>>>>>>> Export as mp3

also weren't ur fault bro my misreadin n that haha

hmm... strange when i do that i get could not open mp3 encoding library.... i remember it saying to download some lame ish and i did and i ran it while i got promoted, but still no dice.... hmmm

Mine does that too.
Can only export as WAV.

I just do that, then re-convert it in another program like AIMP audio converter to MP3 to shrink the file size.

It's not perfect, and it can be a longness. But i'm propper lazy.

dam well that sucks major ass... hmmm...

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

looks like it's exporting this test mix that i did... i was reading up here: http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32603

basically downloaded that lame again and saved it this time instead of just running it from the pop up... i went back to install it and once completed... went back into the program.. gave it another shot to file / export and selected the file and then clicked ok ok and it began to export at 128kbps... not sure if the next time i try it will work, but i was able to get it going... just sharing with anyone else who may still be trying to figure this out and or use it... peace!

Thats cos Audacity is gay. Get Goldwave, put the lame_enc.dll into the Goldwave folder and then bobs your uncle.

Always export as 320kbps in future (y)

I just record mixes with Ableton, seems to work just fine for me

After I export the file as a WAV the I use Goldwave to convert to MP3.

But if you can just record using Goldwave (which i've never tried) you would be just skipping a step.

You can do loads on GW too, like mastering, fade in/out, volume boost/maximiser etc etc .. Very good for free!

I just record mixes with Ableton, seems to work just fine for me

After I export the file as a WAV the I use Goldwave to convert to MP3.

But if you can just record using Goldwave (which i've never tried) you would be just skipping a step.

Do you lose any noticeable quality in the compression? wav's are so large its nice to reduce 'em in size but I'm wondering if I should really.

I use Adobe Audition 3
Its nice and easy to use
I use it alot for Casting and sound engineering
Plus it has the almighty Dolby Digital MP3 format =]

Back
Top Bottom