Software question

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
So I've decided to try and expand beyond rapping. I've bought a yamah ez 220 (pretty basic but that's all I need for learning). Anyone know any free software (multi track) that will be good for recording to, then chopping/moving/editing bits?

Also, how do I go about recording? Am I right to assume if I use a USB it'll just think of it as a midi keyboard? DO I need an audio interface or can does a cable exist to go into the phones/output and then link to my computer (such as mic in)?

Simple software is ideal. I have brief experience with cubase (uninstalled it and lost the disc though :() and something just didn't work. Or I couldn't get it to work how I liked. It was probably me to be fair. I could record vocals, but didn't know how to chop, mix and edit them. So just gave the vocals to Freek I think to mix with the beat. So I have limited experience with this sort of stuff.

try magix
im not completely sure its free but it was a free disc on some pc magazine ages ago
its simple to use and multitrack

I believe that Audacity suits your needs pretty well for chopping/arranging samples. But I don't really know how it behaves with a controller of some sort.

Yes Kyle, you can plug the keyboard from its output into your line in/mic on your pc/laptop and record directly into Audacity.

Before you start recording go into the mic/line in settings in Windows and make sure the mic boost is unchecked. If it is checked it will distort your recordings to buggery!

Back
Top Bottom