software or plugin to cancel out background noises?

kundi13

anyone know a good software or plugin for fruity loops to cancel out background noise so u can just hear the vocals?

How do you mean? Is it all just one big track?

However if you have the cash buy the waves toolset, those little beasts have been the best thing I've ever spent my money on
http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=259 thats there noise reducer. Instead of just getting rid of the lowest part of the dynamic range like a lot of reducers do, this one uses complex algorithms to get rid of background noise that isn't needed

This is a thing that comes out every now and then, how to "remove" instruments from a track, just to leave the vocals there, for producers starting their remixing/bootlegging career.

The answer is: You just cant do it.

If you have the original and an EXACT copy without the vocal (instrumental mix) it's possible but with a plugin, no can do.

Sorry.

yeah if have an exact copy of the instrumental, put it into a wave editor, invert it and then play it with the vocal version, has to be lined up perfectly to work tho

I've experimented with it by taking a loop of electronic music with and without the vocs... it does work but you still somehow end up with artifacts in the sound

Remove background noise in CoolEdit:

select a portion of dead air with just background noise and do Effect->Noise Reduction then click "Load Profile" (r something like that)

click ok, then undo the change made -select the entire sample and do noise Reduction agan, click preview and slide the slider from low to high and find the right balance between noise and muted sound!

P.S. if you are trying to remove something more substantial try phasing... see if you can cancel something out by phasing it out (sometimes producers use techniques to create depth or make some sound more dominant -- u can reverse them to remove material)

I.E. you have some intrument on the right chanel which happens to be out of phase from the left and delayed by 20ms so if you phase it you push the signals into phase and they cancel eachother out when you convert to mono using 1/2 and 1/2 for r/l channel mixing

or you phase it and push the vocals just close enough into phase that they stand way out from the original

depending on when it was made and by who you can remove most pop background music with techniques that involve phasing -- in fact they have some generic plugins that do it for you, but I'm not sure on the results

once you're done trying to phase the signal until the vocals are louder than anything else, use a little compression
(cool edit has a visual compressor mode you can use to kill low amplitude samples while retaining the high amplitude ones - compressor/limiter/whatever)

Good infos?

:hagglers: gimme my money bissssh!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom