software for mac

logikz

I Am Not The King
hello,

i got me an old mac g4 and i figured id install me some software, so far ive got audacity and reaper. you might think that this would be enough but id like to hear about any kind of alternatives there may be out there.
freeware preferrably, audacity is so i assume there is more. arent there trackers for mac or something?

this things got one mouse button only, is that normal or

yeah man the one mouse button is the norm
hold control (bottom right) and click for a PC right click.
macs are the balls imo-others will probably gun me down on that but i wouldnt go back to pc now!

save a bit of pie and mash and get yourself a copy of logic studio or the cheaper option logic express-you can always upgrade later on if you want.

the full version isnt that dear as far as DAWs go and logic is wicked.

I have been told that pro tools is also shit hot but havent seen it in action much.

Reason is also good for a couple of synths arpegiator etc

how old is you G4?

Im using one right now to post this, and it basicly sucks. Can't do much online, and the procsessor is limiting, so it tends to freeze. So I dont use it for any mixing at all.

I sarted on my sisters mac book pro, and now have my own.

So basicly watch out if your G4 is 7 years old like mine. lol

-Andy

So basicly watch out if your G4 is 7 years old like mine. lol

This, Ive got an old Quicksilver G4, and while I think its sick for its age/price etc, I wouldnt go buying new software for it, partly due to that fact that after G5 apple moved to intel processors rather than powerpc, so a new software from the last few years will be designed on universal binary which the old macs dont support.

And as for the one button mouse, just get a two button mouse for it, problem solved, I cant hack the apple mice.

right right well its going really well so far, alls i need now is a mouse and a new battery.
ive got the roland sh-32 which im going to use for samples and an old lite version of ableton which seems to work fine. the mouse and the battery will cost more than the computer did.

Back
Top Bottom