Soft Samplers

sdm said:
Fruity Sampler :teeth:

Thats what I use, you cant automate Kontakt 1.5 in Fruity so I dont use it, I use it occasionally for somethings but hardly for anything like beats or bass in a tune.

I wanna try out Kontakt 2, Motu Mach 5 and IK Multimedia Sample Tank, I need a nice powerful 1 for basslines.

Is there any way of getting multiple outputs from a vsti sampler in Fruity? As in 1 instance of it outputs to several mixer channels?

Attachments

• th_slipmats.jpg
    th_slipmats.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 45
I uSe Short circuit.... with cubase sx.....

comparing it with Kontakt....

Sound quality - Compared with kontakt its the Dogz Nutz

User Interface - Compared with kontakt My granny would find it easier than kontakt

Filters - Compared with kontakt, CLEANER CRISPER & Sounds Better

Automation - Compared with kontakt, once you set up shortcircuit to use automation - ie controller numbers Its Done for good (unless re install) No more frustrating rw b******t or the need to use External midi controllers.
(comes with help that i found easy to follow)

Generators (square sine ect) Kontakt does not have this feature (i use a silent sample and use the sine generator for Subs)

The only thing i have found i miss with short circuit is no function for glide.... No glide if there is LET ME knOW

(logic users) - I tryed it with logic and the automation is straightforward to any logic user - but i dont know how to use the Multi function. IF U KNOW post please

SHORT CIRCUIT IS NOT A HUGE CORPORATION LIKE NATIVE INSTRUMENTS a dood who makes tunes who wrote it, RESPECT TO YA!

Andydextruss said:
Is there any way of getting multiple outputs from a vsti sampler in Fruity? As in 1 instance of it outputs to several mixer channels?

Anyone??? This is really a make or break type question for me.
Short of using multiple instances of course, which is one possibility.

I tried Halion and found it rather easy to work with. Just had a look at it the other day, couldnt seem to find the sample offsets though? Maybe there arent sample offsets.

I downloaded shortcircuit couple of weeks ago, didnt have time to get into it but at a glance it looked like complete greek.

Supposedly softsamplers like these have better soundquality than the fl ones, but isnt it down to the soundcard and hosts sound output engine?

logikz said:
Supposedly softsamplers like these have better soundquality than the fl ones, but isnt it down to the soundcard and hosts sound output engine?

I've never heard that. I think it's probably guesswork or bullshit.
Fruity ranks quite highly for sound quality, I'd only say that some of the effects that come with it aren't amazing.

logikz said:
my sentiments exactly, im sick of the fl filters, serious.
but yeah about the soundquality bit theres some similar talk abit up in the thread.

I don't use filters much so you're probably right. I know FL's sampler is quite accurate when it comes to pitchng and all that.

You want to get hardware for that shit! Emu samplers are nice and cheap on Ebay right now, look at one of those!

no you should buy software, fucking right. You know you get unlimited updates right? how much is it in finlandian anyway?

the sampler is different, got a bunch less knobs, like the amp rack is gone (??!), got a bunch more knobs too im sure, cant remember right now. whats vastly improved is the routing on the mixer, simple trick but nice like, every insert is a send.

The only thing i have found i miss with short circuit is no function for glide.... No glide if there is LET ME knOW

Check the 'legato' option in 'voice mode' and you'll be gliding it like a bitch in no time. SC has been my eye opener with softsamplers recently, makes kontakt look like a bloated, badly arranged fiddle up the buttcrack.

I use FL sampler & Direct Wave.... DW is a beast, you can open so many sample formats in it, shame you can only save homemade patches as dw files, but i guess thats to be expected

Im tempted to try Kontakt, just to see what all the fuss is about

I read some good stuff about Yellow Tools Independance Pro today.... sounds pretty good too

hmmm, that would be cool

it can be done with Slicex, you can route each slice to different mixer tracks.... tis a beast i tells ya :rinsed:

the sampler is different, got a bunch less knobs, like the amp rack is gone (??!), got a bunch more knobs too im sure, cant remember right now. whats vastly improved is the routing on the mixer, simple trick but nice like, every insert is a send.

nah the old style sampler controls are still there..... you need to go into the options and click "show legacy effects" or something like that

cant wait for emulator x 3 to drop.....
dont need the emu to run it..... "drool'.....
'Z' plane filters... \m/
dont rate Kontakt.... the filters are weak....
grain formant shifter sampler component in Reaktor 5
is a great.... use it to build your own sampler....

Back
Top Bottom