Sobec -Tetrahedron

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by MisterApe, May 10, 2013.

1. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

So been working on this the past few days, technically this is what I'm capable of right now, would love to have some critique! The drums are still kind of bothering me but EQ'ing and compressing them was a good learning experience :).

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Pads in the intro are evil man! Some more variation of synths wouldnt hurt the track and something I would like to hear is a bit more midrange power. But overall I think this is a really beasty tune!

3. specter

specter Member

I like it. :)
    Dark neurofunk; I guess you like Billain a lot.

However, that bass could be a bit more "in your face"; so maybe you could increase the volume (or at least use volume automation for some parts) or try to boost the mids a bit as JimpaDirt already indicated. Other than that it's really good.

Maybe you could also try stereo widening the bass a bit and automate the bypass of the stereo widener. A lot of neurofunk seems to have certain elements of the bass panned right/left to give it additional movement. At least Billain seems to do it. ;)

Can you give any info on how you made your bass though? :) If you would like to talk a bit about Neurofunk (bassline) production feel free to PM me as it seems that we both are heading in the same direction.

4. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

Haha yes I love listening to Billain.

And if I have time next week I'll see if I can whip out a tutorial and put it on youtube :).

What I usually do is have a really long note, go crazy with a LP filter, take all the good parts then render that into a new audio file, then cut up that reese sample even more, split the frequencies to 3 different channels with the sub 50hz being compressed a bit, midrange (now too compressed a bit so it sounds a bit more beefy like you guys said :p) and the high's having lots of effects on it like a phaser and a flanger, together with NI Driver and Guitar Rig.
    Then back into a final group and compressed a bit more to glue it back together.

Seems to work for me!
    Shooting a PM your way soon btw :).