Sobec - Headcase critique appreciated!

Build up to the drop is really good. But for some reason the drop itself seems to lack any real impact or body?! I think it's your drums that are causing this issue as everything else sounds natural and fine.

The drums however sound very flat with no dynamic range, out of curiousity have you used a lot of compression on them to try and get them punching through? this could be the problem if you have, you may have squashed the life out of them. Also, the bongo's are too loud and in the forefront of the mix, try lowering them by a db or two, and adding some real subtle delay and reverb to them to push them out in the background a bit more.

Yeah I may have gone a bit overboard with the drums, I'll keep it in mind for next time :).

On a sidenote, it's really weird to look at this thing in a spectrum analyser, kitty stabs and lots of gibberish.
Camel Alchemy <3.

I like it mate, nice ideas and drums are punchy. but all those percussions and noises sound wear and out of time, like you've got 2 tunes playing and you are clanging. if you're gonna use them id advise you sort the timing out, and duck the volume on them a few db.

Back
Top Bottom