So.. Who's up for a DNBforum Net Radio Station?

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Your thoughts please, this is how it would work.

DJs pay a sub of x pounds/dollars/euros per month or shows to play.

The station and shows are advertised on nearly every page of DNBforum so the users would know who is on the decks at all times.

If there is no live show we will replay an archived show mixed by the DJs on the station, so your mixes will be played over and over when your not live. Plenty of exposure!

I will try and get some big names involved to up the "profile" of the station, and we'll do some live events when we can. Can't say too much about the live streams right now ;]

DJs will be expected to promote their own shows out side of DNBforum; "Spamming" other forums, word of mouth, bugging friends via email and instant messengers!

I'm out of ideas at the moment, but I'll post more when I think of them.

I am just looking for your input, if you think it's worth while blah blah!

Let me know ;]

You're psychic I swear dude!

Some people may moan a bit about the subscription fee, but you've gotta cover the painful bandwidth costs... To be fair, most of the pirates I know about charged the DJs a small fee to play, so it's not a great deal to ask really.

If you do set this up and the involvement is there, this could be really succesfull.. Few guest appearances here and there and yer flying!

You might even get demoage from that DJ iNF geezer, now there's a badman! ;)

Take it it would be a similar format to the stations of old?

sounds likea good idea.. i would listen muchly if it was good
though i doubt anyone would pay to be at my prime time ehehe

Serum said:
How much would we have to pay?
Undecided at the moment, I was hoping for some input from the interested DJs.

We'll probably run it on MP3 streams since RealServer is quite expensive. So something like a 24/32k stream, and a 96/128k stream.

I'd not really thought about demos to be honest, everyone should be given a chance. We'll probably mail out listener stats to the DJs or something, so they'd know if they need to put more work into their show.

It's in the very early stages, so nothing is decided, I'm purely looking to see if the interest is there, and how you would like it to be run.

Thanks for the comments so far ;]

Re: Re: So.. Who's up for a DNBforum Net Radio Station?

sdm said:
Undecided at the moment, I was hoping for some input from the interested DJs.

We'll probably run it on MP3 streams since RealServer is quite expensive. So something like a 24/32k stream, and a 96/128k stream.

I'd not really thought about demos to be honest, everyone should be given a chance. We'll probably mail out listener stats to the DJs or something, so they'd know if they need to put more work into their show.

It's in the very early stages, so nothing is decided, I'm purely looking to see if the interest is there, and how you would like it to be run.

Thanks for the comments so far ;]

Definitely up for it, 1hr sets per week or something similar? Could have "themed" nights (sounds gay but it needn't be) and other such jolly things..

Keep us posted gaffer!

Re: Re: Re: So.. Who's up for a DNBforum Net Radio Station?

I used to play on drumandbasstv.com, they asked for $10 per month for a weekly show.

I'd be up for dnbforum.com radio.

Also, I can help with bandwidth, maybe a relay :]

Wicked idea SDM definetly reaching out to the masses at the moment.
My cousin plays on a pirate station in London & hosts a show with 3 of his boys twice a week. They get charged a certain amount to keep the staion running & to bring in new equipment etc. I can speak to him & see what prices they pay each month.
As for intrested people to host shows put me down, the more expoure the better.

Back
Top Bottom