So who's looking foward to the olympics?????

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
I think its the biggest waste of money since the millenium dome and cant wait for it to be over. In fact i'd rather go fishing!!

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
lol no.

fuck the olympics, never gave a shit about athletics and never intend to, but i'm supposed to actually care because its in my home country...

$pyto

NEW DAWN
VIP Junglist
I hope terrorists get that bastard midget Seb Coe

IRA, Al-Qaeda, I don't care...unify and dismember that shithead

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
waste of money?
its a profit based organisation

nobody is stopping you from going fishing regardless of what sporting event is on.

mikey-bizzle-08

WASTEMAN!
VIP Junglist
Gona be a big pile of shite! Doubt i'll watch a single event

I am however gona watch the Olympic torch go through my town in a few weeks time coz that will be a once in a life time experience

Last edited:

Nydus

All in the sig.
I'm with the OP on this one, however the positive affect it will have on the economy leaves me feeling less aggravated ..Price of the GBP increasing, more jobs etc..

Isn't it funny how the government continue to lie to us that there's isn't any money, yet afford to spend ridiculous sums on utter crap that doesn't benefit anyone but themselves - Queens Diamond Jubilee (how much did that cost!??), The pope's visit, Royal wedding etc..

Last edited:

$pyto

NEW DAWN
VIP Junglist
Isn't it funny how the government continue to lie to us that there's isn't any money, yet afford to spend ridiculous sums on utter crap that doesn't benefit anyone but themselves - Queens Diamond Jubilee (how much did that cost!??), The pope's visit, Royal wedding etc..
This is a good point.

However, their argument back would be that (because of these events) people would have travelled to the UK (£ for us), they would have stayed in the UK (£ for us) and they're likely to come back/tell all their pals to come here (£ for us). Even people that live in the UK would travel to London/Go to the pub etc etc...which is putting UK £ back into our economy...instead of people booking the next flight outta here.

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
This is a good point.

However, their argument back would be that (because of these events) people would have travelled to the UK (£ for us), they would have stayed in the UK (£ for us) and they're likely to come back/tell all their pals to come here (£ for us). Even people that live in the UK would travel to London/Go to the pub etc etc...which is putting UK £ back into our economy...instead of people booking the next flight outta here.
i still find it hard to believe that the money this is costing us is less than what we expect to make from it...

$pyto

NEW DAWN
VIP Junglist
Well that's the beauty of living in a democracy! Everyone's a critic, and everyone can speculate...but no one really knows

But hey. At least we can vote without being beaten, we have hot running water and all dee bitchez iz slagz