So what kind of headphones should a music producer have?

Captain Lunar

I've been looking for headphones and since I'm basically handicapped in the matter. Could you guys recommend some music producing headphones?

Price isn't an issue but not too pricey. ;)

i'm pretty sure this thread has been made a million times before, use the search function next time mate, but to answer your question, sennheiser HD-25 mark II's.

1916-sennheiser-hd-25-ii--large.jpg

^these ones.

industry standard, used and abused by nearly every DJ in every type of club situation, used by pretty much every producer, they last ages, and the sound quality is spot-on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot of people who use the sennheiser HD-25, so that's definitley a good choice.
|personally I prefer Beyer Dynamic headphones over sennheiser's, I use the DT 770.

Had a go on my mates 25s yesterday against my HD 203s (only£40 from maplins and cheaper online) the mid/high clarity was pretty much the same yet the 25s lacked the low end, not as if the 203s were too bass heavy just that the 25s lacked it. Plus the 203s are over ear as opposed to the on ear 25s. This was through the focusrite Safire interface which also made a big difference compared to straight out the computer.

yea the twenty 5's are dj/general listen head phones, good for a reference i guess but when you get to the 600's or 650's you can't go wrong, they are over ear and open too, which gives the most amazing quality, some of the best headphones you can buy IMO and not badly priced for what the are.

I know a lot of people who use the sennheiser HD-25, so that's definitley a good choice.
|personally I prefer Beyer Dynamic headphones over sennheiser's, I use the DT 770.

I use DT 770's too, really great phones.

Back
Top Bottom