So WHAT is drum and bass to you?

Basheedz

Hey guys I'm new to DnbForum and I really want to know what drum and bass means to u guys =3 To me? Its a like "zone", some kinda of another dimension where i can rest and think about happy things =3. On the other side, Drum and bass music where i can go crazy and just dance like a lunatic :D So guys, what is drum and bass for YOU?

It's nice to see that other people see it as more than just music....but i do just see it as music tbh

I like to imagine Drum and Bass as someone wearing a tuxedo t-shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party...

Things that go "Doof doof crack" and "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

I don't like when people talk about it as if it's a lifestyle, like people that talk about dubstep as if it's the sound they've been searching for their entire life.

Drum & bass is lots of intimidating beige people skanking about in a dark warehouse selling crack to ravers and shanking anyone who steps on their creps. It's that kid who thought he could handle it, but took one too many Es and is now lying in the corner, in a pool of his own sick, waiting for the ambulance as his life ebbs away. Drum & bass is loud, pots & pans music that provides the soundtrack for the uneducated and illiterate dropouts of society's waste of a life.

I'd stear well clear of drum & bass if I were you m9.

Drum & bass is lots of intimidating beige people skanking about in a dark warehouse selling crack to ravers and shanking anyone who steps on their creps. It's that kid who thought he could handle it, but took one too many Es and is now lying in the corner, in a pool of his own sick, waiting for the ambulance as his life ebbs away. Drum & bass is loud, pots & pans music that provides the soundtrack for the uneducated and illiterate dropouts of society's waste of a life.

I'd stear well clear of drum & bass if I were you m9.

Wow...so why are you on DNBFORUM then?

On a serious note - dnb was the hardcore punk of the late 90s for me but now its just drums and bass, which is also nice but not like it used to be.

In the early 90's to the late 90's it was a way of life for me.Nothing else existed or mattered, it was all about vinyl,radio,tape packs and raves every weekend.

Now i have responsibilities and it is just Music for me now, i still love it but it's not what it was for me.

Back
Top Bottom