So WHAT is drum and bass to you?

19870223738766962779111.jpg

LOL

drum and bass is music mate.

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

all this way of life... lifestyle stuff.... seems silly. i can see that from a ravers perspective, you know the weekends, the clubbing, the drugs, i can see how thats a lifestyle. BUT surely as far as DNB is concerned, its something you chose to do because it gave you the most satisfaction??

its not larger than life, its just one amazing aspect of an endless infinite of aspects

Last edited:

all this way of life... lifestyle stuff.... seems silly.

Agreed. If you are a working class skinhead or summat you may talk about a way of life but not if you like dnb.

all this way of life... lifestyle stuff.... seems silly. i can see that from a ravers perspective, you know the weekends, the clubbing, the drugs, i can see how thats a lifestyle. BUT surely as far as DNB is concerned, its something you chose to do because it gave you the most satisfaction??

its not larger than life, its just one amazing aspect of an endless infinite of aspects

sure is dubstep in your life :teeth:

i dont really listen to dubstep? i dont get it!

YEAH DUBSTEP IS FOR FAGS YEH !? am i doing it right?

Drum & bass is lots of intimidating beige people skanking about in a dark warehouse selling crack to ravers and shanking anyone who steps on their creps. It's that kid who thought he could handle it, but took one too many Es and is now lying in the corner, in a pool of his own sick, waiting for the ambulance as his life ebbs away. Drum & bass is loud, pots & pans music that provides the soundtrack for the uneducated and illiterate dropouts of society's waste of a life.

I'd stear well clear of drum & bass if I were you m9.

You did so well until you spelt steer wrong :(

Damn man, ive always called myself dubstep. But if its a lifestyle too how do i become one? is there a specific dance i can do to be a dubstepper? How should i have my hair? what shops shall i buy my clothes from? i want to become a dubstepper soooo bad, please tell me the secrets....

Not from me..I was more on Freek´s comment. I can absolutely see a connection between lifestyle and electronic music but dnb - a way of life (don´t wanna be a dick Freek ;)) doesn´t appeal to me..

its music i dont really listen to as much as i used to do but when i do it always makes me wanna get up and skank with a big cheesy grin

Not from me..I was more on Freek´s comment. I can absolutely see a connection between lifestyle and electronic music but dnb - a way of life (don´t wanna be a dick Freek ;)) doesn´t appeal to me..

See when i say a way of life/lifestyle everything in them days revolved around the Jungle scene (1993-1996 in particular) and i mean everything.

What i wore,what i listened to,what we did,where we went etc etc.

It's plain to see that the experience many had back in them days including me none of you here will probably ever have....for some people it was life changing and thats no bollocks.

See when i say a way of life/lifestyle everything in them days revolved around the Jungle scene (1993-1996 in particular) and i mean everything.

What i wore,what i listened to,what we did,where we went etc etc.

No doubt mate.

It's plain to see that the experience many had back in them days including me none of you here will probably ever have....for some people it was life changing and thats no bollocks.

I agree, I know and I understand. But someone saying nowadays..dnb is a way of life..what..you eat dnb, read and wear dnb? Subcultures like the skinhead movement or some vegan hardcore punks whatever..this to me is a way of life. A guy that listens to dnb is a guy who listens to dnb..and he doesn´t only do that probably. His clothing is the same like the next guy´s who listens to trance or rock. I´d be careful to associate a style of music with a way of life nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom