So,what happened to ebony dubsters - ra original single side sketched bein worth £££?

snatch

VIP Junglist
I was under the impression this was worth shit loads?

infact when i checled it on discogs last (probably about 6 months ago) thoguht it was going for loads?

i was very suprised when i just managed to pick it up for 2 quid.

and to the fact theres loads of them cheap on discogs.

so if anyones interested... bargain imo...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=222556&ev=rb

Re: So,what happened to ebony dubsters - ra original single side sketched bein worth

I was under the impression this was worth shit loads?

infact when i checled it on discogs last (probably about 6 months ago) thoguht it was going for loads?

i was very suprised when i just managed to pick it up for 2 quid.

and to the fact theres loads of them cheap on discogs.

so if anyones interested... bargain imo...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=222556&ev=rb

Was re-pressed with both of the remixes

Still nice to have the original though, I have two :) Not quite sure why though lol

Re: So,what happened to ebony dubsters - ra original single side sketched bein worth

i know it was repressed, i have them, i didnt know thast was the reason though :/ pretty stupid if you ask me. this is gonna look nice on my wall i rekon.

cheers for clearin that up though.

i know it was repressed, i have them, i didnt know thast was the reason though :/ pretty stupid if you ask me. this is gonna look nice on my wall i rekon.

cheers for clearin that up though.

Well people aren't gonna carry on paying £20 for the original pressing when they can get the exact same tune plus a remix for £5.95 elsewhere lol

i was hunting around this for ages around summer 2007 and found a decent priced one on discogs, when it came to getting delivered the bloke mugged me off and sent me the promo version of it, not quite the same. needless to say i bagged the original sin remix when it came out

'afore the represses came about i bought a copy for £15 and sold it to a mug for £45

'afore the represses came about i bought a copy for £15 and sold it to a mug for £45

Once upon a time I was in a record shop in Bristol and they happened to be selling an original copy of The Nine in very good condition for £15, this guy comes up to me and says FUCKIN EL BRUV THEY GOT DA NINE U SHUD BUY IT BRUV ITZ WERF LIKE A HUNDRED QUID MATE U SHUD FUCKIN BUY DAT NOW BRUV IVE GOT A COPY AT HOME BUT ID BUY DAT RIGHT NOW IF I HAD DA MONEY ITS WERF LIKE A HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID BRUV

I just thought, what an idiot lol

People have SERIOUS misconceptions when it comes to the valve of certain drum and bass records

One that is particularly rare though and I would love to get my hands on is "Apollo Two (LTJ Bukem) - Atlantis"

That record IS worth at least £30 guaranteed to whoever is lucky enough to get hold of it

Once upon a time I was in a record shop in Bristol and they happened to be selling an original copy of The Nine in very good condition for £15, this guy comes up to me and says FUCKIN EL BRUV THEY GOT DA NINE U SHUD BUY IT BRUV ITZ WERF LIKE A HUNDRED QUID MATE U SHUD FUCKIN BUY DAT NOW BRUV IVE GOT A COPY AT HOME BUT ID BUY DAT RIGHT NOW IF I HAD DA MONEY ITS WERF LIKE A HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID BRUV

People have SERIOUS misconceptions when it comes to the valve of certain drum and bass records

One that is particularly rare though and I would love to get my hands on is "Apollo Two (LTJ Bukem) - Atlantis"

That record IS worth at least £30 guaranteed to whoever is lucky enough to get hold of it

i haz

it is priceless. still sounds fresh today

put your hand in your pocket and you too can own it :)

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1464&ev=rb

i haz

it is priceless. still sounds fresh today

put your hand in your pocket and you too can own it :)

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1464&ev=rb

Question though, what's the bpm of the record? Could you pitch it up to about 180bpm (roughly normal set speed) on a standard set of Technics 1210 MK2s?

Or is it not quite there?

nah man. ive got mk5gs with the +16 pitch, Atlantis needs to be on +12-14 to mix with modern tunes

pm me

nah man. ive got mk5gs with the +16 pitch, Atlantis needs to be on +12-14 to mix with modern tunes

pm me

PM You?

Yeah Atlantis might be like 165bpm if I remember correctly, which is pretty darn slow, I've got the mp3 from Bukem's album though, and Serato, so not all is lost, just a shame the vinyl doesn't quite stretch far enough with the pitch, about 168/169bpm is the very most I can get away with without slowing the pace of the set

Crabs?!

I had one of these, but it got stolen! I was quite upset at the time. really big tune

going for 35 qid on htfr. i have the original with the ingraved picture thing on the back

Like a lot of people. I bagged the re-press with the original sin remix on flip.
I also have the Gdub relick for free, thank you Redeye fnar fnar :)

Back
Top Bottom