So, UKF's channel....

Mania

i fukin wot m8
VIP Junglist
:teeth:

So, i was going through some old vids on a suggestions run, and i came across this

It's one of their singles, and since i'm relatively new to dnb in general (and Phace only in the past couple months), i thought i'd check it out.

Now, its safe to say that i love it. But what i cant quite seem to grasp is the demographic of UKF subs. I subbed to UKF not to listen to the next fucking Chase & Status or Sigma (even though i dont mind em), but because they do tend to post a bit of variety once in a while.

As I've said, i relatively now to the dnb scene. Is this what it fucking is now? Are people that encompassed in the trendy and rinsed that they blow off anything remotely different or technical? I mean, Rockwell's Tripwire has become one of my favourites, and that was posted with nearly as many dislikes as fucking Rebecca Black's Friday. I'm new to the point where i can listen to hours of jungle without getting tired of if, because its the first time i heard it. But has dnb become as bad as house, or is it just in UKF?

Are people that fucked?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are people that encompassed in the trendy and rinsed that they blow off anything remotely different or technical?

But has dnb become as bad as house, or is it just in UKF?

Well to your first point...yes. You'll have to delve far deeper than UKF to get the "technical" tunes you are looking for.

To your second point. No its just UKF.

Most of the above you've mentioned is because you, as you said, are new to dnb. UKF is quite commercial in my opinion.

Check out some of the Members Mixes or the Mixes and Tracklisting section on the forum and you may find something you are looking for. The dnb world is much bigger than just UKF

Thanks, yeah. I know where to look, Ive hit 1300 songs in my library since i started in April last year, with more on the way. I definitely don't rely on UKF for anything other than humerus arguments, its just fanbase concerns me.

Thanks, yeah. I know where to look, Ive hit 1300 songs in my library since i started in April last year, with more on the way. I definitely don't rely on UKF for anything other than humerus arguments, its just fanbase concerns me.

no need to be a dick about it, he was only offering insight on what it seemed like you were asking.

the problem is that not everyone knows where to look, or even that it exists, so when they're listening to dnb on ukf they think that that's all there is to the genre. the average music listener doesn't care about genres or labels, they hear something they like and they listen to it more... and it just turns out that UKF is quite ear-friendly to the casual listener, and the publicity it has means it spreads to more people than, say.. neurofunkgrid, which 9 times out of 10 requires you to know of the existence of neurofunk and to go looking for it to find it.

Whether or not people go on from listening to a tune on UKF to delving deeper into the genres and discovering sub-genres, who knows.. but the reality is that most people who are listening to tunes on UKF are new to the genre, or just a bit of a prick.

Last edited:

So, i was going through some old vids on a suggestions run, and i came across this

It's one of their singles, and since i'm relatively new to dnb in general (and Phace only in the past couple months), i thought i'd check it out.

Now, its safe to say that i love it. But what i cant quite seem to grasp is the demographic of UKF subs. I subbed to UKF not to listen to the next fucking Chase & Status or Sigma (even though i dont mind em), but because they do tend to post a bit of variety once in a while.

As I've said, i relatively now to the dnb scene. Is this what it fucking is now? Are people that encompassed in the trendy and rinsed that they blow off anything remotely different or technical? I mean, Rockwell's Tripwire has become one of my favourites, and that was posted with nearly as many dislikes as fucking Rebecca Black's Friday. I'm new to the point where i can listen to hours of jungle without getting tired of if, because its the first time i heard it. But has dnb become as bad as house, or is it just in UKF?

Are people that fucked?

you seem like quite an aggressive person

- - - Updated - - -

ha just seen youre australian.

err I think UKFDnB is pretty solid in terms of uploads? sure, there's a lot of stuff that people here may deem mainstream and shit but they cover the full spectrum pretty well I feel

UKF is not the problem. UKF fanboys are.

They post some decent tunes once in a while, between all that cheesy stuff most of their fans like. And when they do, well, I think you know what happens. Fanbase starts hitting dislike button because there are no shitty vocals and cheesy bass.

Just ignore them, they're just a proof that there're alot of "Drum & Bass fans" who don't even know what Drum & Bass is.

err I think UKFDnB is pretty solid in terms of uploads? sure, there's a lot of stuff that people here may deem mainstream and shit but they cover the full spectrum pretty well I feel

I think the point I was trying to make was that its great for newcomers to the scene, to scratch the surface with some of the tunes they may upload...but you will never get a broad understanding and knowledge by listening to everything they upload on a day to day basis.

Just as an example (and before you come at me saying why you slate Friction etc etc) one of the first tunes when I just went onto their youtube page was the new Friction bit that is pretty dire tbh, and generally Friction's production is pretty appalling.

But - if you broaden your senses and check out other mixes/radio stations etc etc you will find a Friction tune that might be good. For example Friction & K-Tee - Overtime. Can't see that on the UKF page? Wonder why? Oh yea right its because its old & doesn't have all of the characteristics of lots of the dancefloor tunes they post...

But it still goes off in a club 100% of the time to the people that know it.

No point being confined in what you do in your life. and the same can be said about how people source their music.

I'm not going to say anything on the fanboys, Norwax done good.

Are people that fucked?

Nah, D&B has become as bad as house. Donlt let anyone tell you different. We're all listening to Bongo Step now

So future

Just listen to what you want. And don't read arguments people are leading in youtube comments. Nor forums :teeth:

Ive hit 1300 songs in my library since i started in April last year, with more on the way

Not about the size of the collection, it's all about the quality ;) which, for the most part, you won't fulfill with UKF... it's very rare that UKF will post up a tune that knocks me on my ass... it's almost always some really generic, unimaginative junk.

BUT... as many have said already. It's a good starting point for sure.
I personally find my quality in mixes... I just listen to mixes all the time, while working or at college or whatever, passively. When I have to stop what i'm doing for a moment because a song in the mix caught my attention, then I know i've got a tune for the ages, and I make a note of which track in the set it was.

Not about the size of the collection, it's all about the quality ;)
Yeah, I got quality. Everything's at 320 or better, everything's got the IDv3's, the artwork, etc. If i don't like it or love it, then i wont have it, unless it's good to analyze or good for a laugh.

btw Joey I got not clue what I said to make you think I was having a go at Agent, and jungle_fever I'm not an angry person at all lol, just like a good cuss

actually in the last months ukf posted a lot of good stuff in midst of all the cheese, it deffo got better (though it shouldn't really be your primary source, in my case that's artists/labels fanpages on facebook and this forum)

Just listen to Hype on kiss and Friction on radio 1. And don't get all high and mighty about more mainstreamy dnb, dnb's a big genre with loads of different styles for different crowds, no point sitting here judging the music thats in the charts when the people that buy those tunes have near enough no way of finding say the next Critical release.

Yeah, I got quality. Everything's at 320 or better, everything's got the IDv3's, the artwork, etc. If i don't like it or love it, then i wont have it, unless it's good to analyze or good for a laugh.

Don't think he meant that type of quality....

The fact that this got so many dislikes on UKF says it all:

Don't think he meant that type of quality....

The fact that this got so many dislikes on UKF says it all:

*GOLDIE*

*sigh*
Apparently Goldie doesn't use enough hoovers and 'wubs' to catch the attention of the absolute new-school.

This just reminded me of when London Elektricity pointed out a video of a live DESTROID show and namely said that it was one of the main examples of "modern shit EDM"...
and then how all the teen-queens lost their shit and flipped out over it, mainly pointing out that they had never even heard of LE.

Someone bring me a damn time machine, please...

Is this what it fucking is now? Are people that encompassed in the trendy and rinsed that they blow off anything remotely different or technical?

Pretty much,it's nothing new and it happens in all scenes..house,garage,hip hop ect.. .People are lazy and fickle,and when it comes to UKF it acts as a one stop everything dnb shop for many of these people.You should count yourself lucky that you are not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom