So Traktor.....

garvboy

What do you people think?

I got it yesterday, and have found that it does not seem to pick up BPMs very well.

Also, I have found that when it does pick them up they are often stupid like 172.618 BPM.

Are producers trying to fuck with us?

lol dont look at the bpms when mixin man, and yes i think producers are making tunes at odd bpms to throw off the pre-pitchers

Occasionally I or some of my buddies will make a track at XXX.YY BPM - it makes it a bit more of a fun challenge to keep your stuff in sync IMO. Also I do this because I like a my beats ever-so-slightly out of time, so it sounds more human and not like it was mixed by a computer.

I also don't suggest that you look at BPM readouts, you'll just find yourself become preoccupied with them during the mix.

The X's & Y's are variables, and making tracks with odd BPM's keeps me on my toes more.

As far as I know, most BPM counters don't work well with DnB. Don't quote me on this, but surely they work by picking up the heavier kick drum in House, Techno etc?

Anyways, learn to mix, you don't need a BPM counter.

The X's & Y's are variables, and making tracks with odd BPM's keeps me on my toes more.

yeah, i get that bit... but what i am saying is this:

lets say you play a tune recorded at 174 bpm @ +4% pitch, that would make it 180.96 bpm yes? so i don't see how making a tune @ xxx.yy bpm would make mixing any harder or easier? as the pitch fader is analogue, increments of whole bpm's should not affect the way two tunes 'sit' together?

Back
Top Bottom