so the thing about nu rave is...

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
you can't fucking rave to it.

what a pointless new genre of music, because it sounds exactly like all the other twats playing guitars and hoping for chart success. i blame radio 1*

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
Apparently Peaches Geldof credits herself with inventing the genre

i'm backing her to be the next mampi swift, have u heard her jaw-dropping dj sets?

duffer

Under Mi SensI...........
VIP Junglist
yaaa because peaches geldof like invented nu rave. shes liek so nu rave like. what a fucking slut. i hate her.:rowley:

mesh

VIP Junglist
I thought the Klaxons just invented it as a fashion type statement for their music. And they've already said its a shit idea.
blatently invented by a dude in a record company office, I wouldnt worry too much :)

I believe its different to the nu-skool hardcore breaks/Basement records thingy... now if they play the Klaxons at those gigs Ima burn my old Basement records!!!

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
nu rave? is it one of those internet genres again. like 'tekkno'. how in the hell are you going to call a genre tekkno, if the name is ever to be dropped in recordstores.
do you have any tekkno?
yes weve got plenty of techno, what kind you want?
no i want tekkno not techno
youd better make your mind up mate

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
i hate nu rave.

i got invited to a nu rave party..i just wore what i wear to normal raves.
and its all really lame music aswell...girls look quite hot when they dont have flourenscent paint on their faces though lol

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
glad u turfed this one up m8, read something on nu rave the other day

it's basically a fashion statement where they've stolen the bright colours from the rave scene but they are still indie kids

& NME Magazine reckon "any real ravers are just twats in baggy trousers!"

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist

it's basically a fashion statement where they've stolen the bright colours from the rave scene but they are still indie kids

do u have a link to this article?
i want to quote it and send it to all my mates

*Chloe

VIP Junglist

ahaahha so true.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
oh right. but thats electro pop or house or whatever buzzword cocktail the mixmag media concocted, is it not

B

BDS

I was in Tempest yesterday buying a few bit's and havin a chat with the geeze's behind the desk when this skinny jeans wearing posh boy comes down the stairs walks up to the counter and goe's (in 1 of those annoying nasal posh voices) "umm hi, have you got dj fresh planet monday or dj die - skate or di? ogh no waiit pendulum in silicone?" thi geeza had bright pink laces a backpack with fuzzy shit hangin off the zips, and i swear to god he was about 27,

me and lee just looked at each other and tutted,

What is it coming to!!!!!

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Can someone please explain this to me??
Nu-Rave??... so is it just band music then??

What does it consist of? Electronic shit... or just plain drum bangin and bit of string plucking??

Greg P

VIP Junglist
It's indie music with a few samples and loops in, and tighter jeans with luminous clothes...

Google the Klaxons or summat... It's not rave music in any way, it's just indie music with some noises in it