So, that plug-in I was making? It's done!

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dugg Funnie, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I just updated the site and Apex Audio Technologies is now very pleased to announce the launch of our first product: Haa5

For anybody who missed my post about it before, it's a panning plug-in that uses both standard rotary panning AND Haas effect panning to create a very high degree of control over placement of sounds in the stereo image.

If you're interested the plug-in is available in VST & AU formats here:

http://www.apexaudio.org/product/haa5-stereo-control/

Now, at Apex Audio Technologies we have a "pay what you want" system. Basically, I understand that some people might not have the funds to dole out big bucks on something like plug-ins, but I don't think that should act as a barrier inhibiting a person from pursuing their own creative habits. So, if you want the product for free, you can have it for free: just enter $0.00 as the amount and go through the checkout process as normal, I assure you there will be no hidden fees and no surprise charges. However, do bear in mind that the people who put this product together worked very hard; and, in order to keep pursuing audio technology and delivering the highest quality products on the market these fine people need to eat, and keep a roof over their heads, and pay their bills. So please, if you want to see more and even better plug-ins and other equipment from Apex Audio Technologies in the future please consider making a monetary contribution when you grab your copy of Haa5 today! There is no contribution too small and the team here at Apex Audio is extremely grateful for every cent that you believe we have earned.

If you have any trouble with the download or installation, post about it here or send me a PM; soon I'll have a bug-reporting forum support and support built into the website but for now it's just me lol.

Enjoy!

2. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

Is Au for mac? I have a question, what does this do better/differently to the stock plugins built into the daws? In logic i find it hard to get width into my mix. Would this plugin make it easier to do so? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

The site looks pretty good!

3. Dugg Funnie

Yeah AU is mac version. And yes, the Haas effect lends itself to stereo width quite well, especially when paired with stereo processing such as mid-side EQ.

4. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

Paypal is being shit. I log in then when i type in the verfication code like 'FS33f' it goes back to failed to login. Its too late im gonna sort it out tomorrow.

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

very nice dugg! have to check this out!

6. SubMix

SubMix Mastering Engineer

Just purchased, paid a couple of dollars, on the basis, that if it's good, I'll spread the word, AND promise to pay more for the next plugin you release!

Will let you know how I find it when I'd had a good play!

Shep
    SubMix Audio

7. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Looking forward to trying this!

8. Dugg Funnie

Sounds good, let me know if you continue having issues and I can send you a copy of the plug-in if you can't get it working.

9. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Hey Dugg, nice work. Just wondering what range the precedence paramter has (in samples or ms)

Logic has awesome stereo spread plugins, like Stereo Spread and Sample Delay

10. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

just had this on validation boss:

validating Audio Unit Haa5 by ApexAudioTechnologies:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.6.1a1
    Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
    VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'HAAS' - 'BRDG'
    Manufacturer String: ApexAudioTechnologies
    AudioUnit Name: Haa5
    Component Version: 1.0.1 (0x10001)

* * PASS
    TESTING OPEN TIMES:
    COLD:
    2015-03-12 21:20:56.950 auvaltool[4497:d07] 21:20:56.948 ERROR: [0x7fff7488f310] >compload> AudioComponentPluginLoader.cpp:678: ResolveFactoryFunction: CFBundle 0x7fc0d9d01360 </Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Haa5.component> (bundle, not loaded): cannot load bundle: The bundle “Haa5” couldn’t be loaded.
    FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF

validation result: couldn't be opened

11. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

12. Dugg Funnie

Mania, the precedence maxes out at 28ms, anything beyond that to my ear just sounded like a ping-pong style delay.

And at RUSSLA can you tell me more about the error? I see AU, so I'm running on the assumption you're using a Mac. What OS version? Logic or other DAW?

Will update you as soon as I have more information.

13. SubMix

Working flawlessly for me. I'm quite impressed. I can see that it won't be for everyone, and that the untrained ear will likely just stick to the built in panning on their DAW, but I can see me using this a fair bit. Some great depth of field stuff being achieved, and the Precedence control max's out at just the right point IMO.
    My only observation is that is seems to introduced a slight colour shift, or possibly just a small drop in output when everything is flat, so when you first drop the plugin onto a track and then toggle it on and off, without moving any of the 3 knob positions, there is a subtle, but noticeable shift in the audio. It's hard to pin point exactly what it is I'm hearing (though I'll run tests), but it sounds as though theres a subtle muting of the top end.

RUSSLA likes this.
  14. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Havent got my mac with me but will PM you soon

15. Dugg Funnie

Sounds good RUSSLA, so far it seems like there's some sort of issue between the .component bundle and Logic specifically, I managed to get it running fine in AULab. Will keep working away to try and get this resolved for you!

And SubMix, you're right; there's about 2.5 dB of gain lost when loading the plug-in. That was an issue I thought I had fixed but guess I wasn't paying close enough attention when listening to final test builds. It used to be about 8 dB lost, so I'll probably just go in and add another gain coefficient and just boost it behind the scenes lol.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  16. Brex

Brex The house guy

Not showing up for me. File is in both VST folders (x64 and x86). Tried each one individually too. I just can't get the DAW to see it. Any ideas?

Win 8.1 x64 using Presonus Studio One.

17. SubMix

That will be it! If you adjust this at some point, let me know, I'd like to grab the edited version.

Good work dude.