So Sigma is complaining about Repetition & Techfest in D&B Beatport Charts

10455587_10153601956628323_5833171313731358891_n.jpg

Shogun has signed and released a lot of neuro in the last year or two. So did Critical or RAM and other labels. The rise of people like Mefjus and domination of neuro on beatport have all been part of this what they're complaining about. I'm not solely blaming them but for me it's logical progression. Cause and effect.
The only way forward, I see, is to minimize this and open up bringing in different styles and push this music in foreground. What I could imagine as well: It's a trend and will go away in the not so distant future organically. we'll see...

Most of us automatically dislike pop bass, sellout, inspirational, same shit... people that love all that crap probably automatically dislike most underground back, im sure if i showed these people some classic icicle thats got like 50 views on youtube they wouldnt understand it at all, i know full well some people that really 'like music' ive played proper drum before and theyve hated it, but they like 3 tracks from pendulum and thats it, wasters. dont get me wrong, what sig is doing is not conventional and doesnt stick to its roots, but if im not mistaken, there arnt any rules in this are there? i guess some people think they are fictional music criminals and should be banned from putting 3 chord progressions on a 174 2 step drum beat...

And don't get me wrong Friction's one of my favourite DJ's and he's one of the guys spearheading the scene, but his selection seems to be pure cheese half the time

Probably. The issue is when you've seen artists and labels put out quality music in the past, its frustrating when they put out dross. Where else to air your views than a forum?

Yep!

I'm still buying music most weeks, but not as much as I was a couple of years back, which is why I share similar views to most on here!

31, Soul:r, Headz, Dispatch, Exit, Samurai, Cylon etc I'm all in! As for the rest.... meeeeehhhhhh

Dont get me wrong, what sig is doing is not conventional and doesnt stick to its roots, but if im not mistaken, there arnt any rules in this are there? i guess some people think they are fictional music criminals and should be banned from putting 3 chord progressions on a 174 2 step drum beat...

What Sigma is doing is very conventional in popular music. You either like it or not, but that's not the point! Coming out calling beatport charts d&b "deadout" and "all sounds the same" while they are repeating their formula in the last 2 years and saying "do something different, don't just follow the crowd" is a contradiction.

This will not stop me from rinsing this one on the weekend :teeth:

I've got no shame in saying that I like a lot of Sigma's back catalogue, Paint It black VIP, el presidente, front to back. Stronger goes down a treat in the summer, hearing Andy C doubling Noisia - Deception over it at global 2010 was gully as fuck. It's not really the fact that they make dancefloor orientated tunes it's just the fact that they're output since Rudeboy has been in the words of Dillinja "fackin shit cunt music!"

Never bought or played or liked a Sigma record but he has a point there tbh.

There is so fucking much utterly irrelevant music out there, and most of it ends up clogging up Beatport into a blocked drain full of generic bilge.

Sigma records are a very significant symptom, contribution and cause of that blockage though, so unless them lads are going to unveil some unexpected mid-career twist and start making authentic music that doesnt feel like it was written with ringtone sales and advert licensing in mind they can go fuck off though.

Yes, he definitely has a point - most neuro nowadays is music that you throw in the bin after a listen or two

Yes, he definitely has a point - most neuro nowadays is music that you throw in the bin after a listen or two
Yep, I wonder how many of these tunes will still be played in 1 or 2 years.
Just tools for djs who need something new every weekend.

Yep, I wonder how many of these tunes will still be played in 1 or 2 years.
Just tools for djs who need something new every weekend.
When I was an avid neuro listener (about a year ago) I realised myself that all of the DJ sets were comprised simply of whatever was new, they rarely played good tunes that were released a few years prior. As soon as new material came along the DJs stopped playing those bits and moved on

Sigma records are a very significant symptom, contribution and cause of that blockage though, so unless them lads are going to unveil some unexpected mid-career twist and start making authentic music that doesnt feel like it was written with ringtone sales and advert licensing in mind they can go fuck off though.

tyranny on point!

When I was an avid neuro listener (about a year ago) I realised myself that all of the DJ sets were comprised simply of whatever was new, they rarely played good tunes that were released a few years prior. As soon as new material came along the DJs stopped playing those bits and moved on

There seems to be an expectation that a well-known DJ's set will be different from everybody else's, and playing the latest shit that nobody else has is an easy way to ensure that. It might not be true — thoughtful selection and skill should be what defines a set — but in a world where most DJs sit around the same CD-J with USB sticks skill-level, I can see why having the latest tunes is so important.

Back
Top Bottom