So now that everyone and their mum has ordered FSOL High Contrast mix and...

Neurotoxin

[weaponsgrade]
...are blatently going to be pissed off when it arrives, what are you all going to do with them? I reckon we might see a bit of ebay madness going on.

I'm not too sure whether or not to keep it..

I bought it purely as a collectors item as I'm sure it won't be coming out officially. After hearing about what it's like, I decided to sell it. It's on eBay with four bids, running at £6 (what I paid, so I'm happy).

there are quite a few on ebay and they all seem to be selling so far. have a look at this one in particular:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2541155761&category=29788

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE EXTREMELY LIMITED BOOTLEG COPY RECENTLY SOLD ON AN ONLINE UK RECORD SHOP, WHICH SEEMS TO BE CUT FROM AN MP3 FILE - BY BIDDING FOR THIS ITEM, YOU ACCEPT THIS CONDITION

i think i will have to put something like this when i sell mine.

i really dont know why they had to cut it from part of a live set, the full length 320kbs mp3 was leaked, so why didnt they use that?

sayber said:
was this the 12" that got released & was recorded from a live set or something??

Taken from an live set MP3. The quality is just about bearable but the fact that soon after the breakdown another tune mixes into it is a bit of a pisstake. That said you could be ultra quick with the mix or just use it for an intro...

I have the option of swapping it for something else but I can't really think of anything that I want at the moment..

D-Logik said:
wow someone actually cut a record from mp3?

and another tune mixes in after the breakdown?

wow.

Get this..

I downloaded an MP3 of this tune on kazaa today, and it was the exact same one..

What a pile of shite..

D-Logik said:
wow, if you're gonna put that much time and money into something you'd figure they'd at least do it right huh?

Yeah, damn right. Apparently there is a proper full length version of this tune knocking around on MP3..

The way that this looks, its seems as though the people responsible for this bootleg are just after a quick buck as they're completely disregarding how dissatisfied heads are going to be when they actually buy this..

i still can't get over the fact that on the vinyl itself there's another tune mixing in, and they STILL pressed it.

sounds like some serious knobs to me

hahaha....yeah man

it's one of those things that makes you look at the ground and shake your head.

so was it being sold in shops at all or just an underground kinda thing?

D-Logik said:
was it being sold in shops at all or just an underground kinda thing?

They got a load in at IMO and were selling it on their site. I also know that Cage in Kingston were selling them, cos that's where I got mine. Doesn't seem like a particularly covert operation does it?

D-Logik said:
oh...ok....at least it wasn't like a global operation

Well apparently they are going to be in people's locals before you know it..

But with a bit of luck, the reputation of these plates will put people off even buying them to sell in the shops..

D-Logik said:
oh...ok....at least it wasn't like a global operation
what rubed it in for me was when the bloke at imo had a go at me when i warned all the dnba heads not to go near it,actually going as far as calling ME a prick.as far as im comcerned they shouldnt even be selling it and its most likely them who did the pressing anyway seeing as they had it first and have a rep for dodgy bootlegs....trust me,circles...all the jungle book represses anyone??boycott imo!!
:321:

Back
Top Bottom