So My Xbox is fucked...

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
The towel trick worked, but it's fucked anyway, so I thought I'd buy an Elite. But, is there anyway I can transfer all my data from my current 20GB hard drive to the one that comes with the elite?

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
But I've got downloaded content (Add on maps and such) that are too big to fit on the memory card. Some stuff is like 1.5GB

slimbo011

this is wat u need
aparently if u upgrade to elite they give u a free one but im not sure....

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

* 1. Connect your 20GB HDD to your new Elite console
* 2. Turn Elite system on and make sure a controller is recognized
* 3. Connect large end of the transfer cable to the 120GB HDD
* 4. Connect USB end of transfer cable to a USB port on your Elite console
* 5. Insert Hard Drive Transfer Disc into your Elite and follow the onscreen i
* 6. When the transfer is complete, you disconnect the 20GB HDD from the Elite and connect the 120GB HDD and you are all set

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
just get a ps3.

ive had one for ages and it hasnt froze once.

fucking ring of death man, i had that when i had an xbox it pissed me off, but then i noticed how much better the ps3 was so i bought it

djhektikz

VIP Junglist
The towel trick worked, but it's fucked anyway, so I thought I'd buy an Elite. But, is there anyway I can transfer all my data from my current 20GB hard drive to the one that comes with the elite?
soz mate! mine fucked up last week n got the the red ring! sending it off to xbox today to get fixed!! if it happens again ps3 it is! or an elite!

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
i had an xbox with the same problem, sent it to get fixed, came back with the same problem, sent it away again and it got lost in the post....got a PS3 and now my days are filled with joy.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
I appreciate all your answers, and no offence, but I want to get on xbox, ps3 isn't an option quite frankly.

Sooooooooo anyone know how to solve my transfering hard drive data to another one?

slimbo011

I appreciate all your answers, and no offence, but I want to get on xbox, ps3 isn't an option quite frankly.

Sooooooooo anyone know how to solve my transfering hard drive data to another one?
this is wat u need
aparently if u upgrade to elite they give u a free one but im not sure....

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...amigration.htm

* 1. Connect your 20GB HDD to your new Elite console
* 2. Turn Elite system on and make sure a controller is recognized
* 3. Connect large end of the transfer cable to the 120GB HDD
* 4. Connect USB end of transfer cable to a USB port on your Elite console
* 5. Insert Hard Drive Transfer Disc into your Elite and follow the onscreen i
* 6. When the transfer is complete, you disconnect the 20GB HDD from the Elite and connect the 120GB HDD and you are all set

durr tharr hurr durrrr :teeth:

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
because the ps3 has everything built in, wireless internet, harddrive, no batteries for controllers, blu ray
this

don't forget the free PSN service compared with xbox live monthly charge, you also get a online store that deals in real currency instead of a stupid points system...

they've sorted flash player on the browser now so you can watch youtube videos etc. in full screen on ur TV, BBC have also done a console version of their iplayer page