So Mampi Swift has turned to CDJ's now Whos next? Fierce???

Eagarmizzle

SOUTH WEEZY
I am saddened by this. Turntablism is definitely on its way out of the club... Any views??? (if this thread has already been posted apologies)

You cannot blame the DJs

The turntable set ups in most, if not all places, are not suitable enough to play a decent vinyl set on

Last place I played at the needles were shit. Turntables needed servicing. Clubs aren't looking after their turntables and are investing in good quality CDJs. It's just the way it's going to be fair. You can't stop change.

i really need to go digital man, buying vinyl is killing me money and space wise.. its getting tyhe point i got so many even planning a mix is a fucking mission!

It upsets me to say this but vinyles dead brav. Do you no how much cheaper it is to buy digital releases let alone how much space you save ! Nobody wants to be lugging some big heavy record box into the rave anymore its all about looking cool with your small compact cd wallet

Think most people are digital now. I remember couple years back I kept saying I'd rather give up DJing then use CDJs. I then discovered Serato, which in my opinion is a good alternative to vinyl.

I can understand the transition to CDJs more these days for anyone that plays out regular as clubs do not maintain their turntables or buy decent needles anymore. I sometimes DJ in my home city and I've noticed a deterioration in the way the clubs treat their turntables. It can be very frustrating when you are made to look like you can't DJ as the equipment isn't up to scratch (not pulling a Mistabishi and making excuses here, I can DJ... honest).

At least Technics are still being used with a lot of the djs seeming to have swapped over to digital vinyl. Thats the conundrum though.... would you rather see vinyl or is it more important that its technics that are still being used?

i was under the impression that a lot of clubs have started running serato or another dvs.

so surely keeping turntables in order is as important as ever?

how much is a .wav anyway?

I bagged serato in January and too be honest it doesn't do it for me. Yes it cheaper and convenient but i don't get excited about mixing as much anymore. Tunes have become pretty much worthless. With a vinyl you bagged it because you loved it and you wanted to play it. A 99p mp3 can sit on my desktop and I might never spin it. My passion for it has decreased.
Wheres the excitement of release dates and waiting for the postman or going on an excursion to a not so local record shop to buy a physical product. I understand the whole club argument and yeah a lot of places turntables are shockingly bad which is a terrible shame.
Don't even get me started about digital shopping. At least with vinyl there is some quality control about what gets put up for sale. It seems any old badger can record a fart and put that up for sale on beatport these days. 99% of the stuff on there is amazingly poor.
I still bag a fair few vinyls but nowhere near as much.
I salute everyone that keeps the format going.
Digital sucks but sadly it's the way forward.

I bagged serato in January and too be honest it doesn't do it for me. Yes it cheaper and convenient but i don't get excited about mixing as much anymore. Tunes have become pretty much worthless. With a vinyl you bagged it because you loved it and you wanted to play it. A 99p mp3 can sit on my desktop and I might never spin it. My passion for it has decreased.
Wheres the excitement of release dates and waiting for the postman or going on an excursion to a not so local record shop to buy a physical product. I understand the whole club argument and yeah a lot of places turntables are shockingly bad which is a terrible shame.
Don't even get me started about digital shopping. At least with vinyl there is some quality control about what gets put up for sale. It seems any old badger can record a fart and put that up for sale on beatport these days. 99% of the stuff on there is amazingly poor.
I still bag a fair few vinyls but nowhere near as much.
I salute everyone that keeps the format going.
Digital sucks but sadly it's the way forward.

Sometimes its hard to outway the good parts of serato though, id still keep all my tunes and i just know that ill always have the urge to cruise chemical or ring the record shop iv been buying off when i started, its a tough one. The space and money is a serious issue for me at the moment.

don't get me wrong tone.
serato is brilliant but in an ideal world it wouldn't be my first choice

I hated it at first. I hit a wall at 6 months now i love it. There's shit loads of wicked tunes out there if you don't mind wading through tons of shit. Nothing like shopping for tunes at 5 in the morning imo...

mmm what with clubs not looking after the 1210s (or not even having them) it's easy to see why the last vinyl DJs would go digital

so i think its really cool if Serato and such are keeping 1210s in use

interestingly, on the last Hospital podcast, London Elektricity was talking about how he's sticking to vinyl and is not going to accept bookings unless they have working Technics, which is awesome :cheerlead

I hated it at first. I hit a wall at 6 months now i love it. There's shit loads of wicked tunes out there if you don't mind wading through tons of shit. Nothing like shopping for tunes at 5 in the morning imo...

Nothing beats the thrill of a record through the post, but having any tune you want one click away definitely comes close

mmm what with clubs not looking after the 1210s (or not even having them) it's easy to see why the last vinyl DJs would go digital

so i think its really cool if Serato and such are keeping 1210s in use

interestingly, on the last Hospital podcast, London Elektricity was talking about how he's sticking to vinyl and is not going to accept bookings unless they have working Technics, which is awesome :cheerlead

better fire netsky then....

Back
Top Bottom