So I've got a Comp. on Friday Mix

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
20 Minute Live Mix Comp @ 176, Bournemouth

Hello Turntablists!

I've got a DJ competition on Friday in Bournemouth and i've got a 20 minute slot along with 10 others. All genres so its anyones game!

This is the mix i've come up with for the night so I was wondering if you guys could let me know what you think. I've tried to accomodate for a wide variety, even people for who DnB isn't their personal preference... (Sorta)

1) Unknown Error - Shadows
>> TC - Fuck What You Heard
>> Shimon - Quest
2) Noisia - Stigma
3) Ed Rush & Opticial - Pacman (Upbeats RMX)
4) Break - Is This What You Want
5) Adam F - Original Jungle Sound (TC RMX)
6) DC Breaks - Do You Believe (Urban Assult RMX)
7) Phesta - The Sun
8) Chase & Status - Streetlife

*** Link *** http://www.dnbshare.com/download/CompetitionMix.mp3.html *** Link ***

*** Bitrate: 320kbps ***
*** Playtime: 20mins ***
*** Filesize: 45.45MB ***

I'm really undecided about the end though, not sure to end on a soft note as the beginning is hectic as... Or mash it up again. So if you have any ideas for the last 2 tracks, post up! I'm ALL ears! These are the 2 that can be easily changed!

Heres my other end I come up with..

*** Alternate Outro *** http://www.dnbshare.com/download/Noisia-Hazard-Outro.mp3.html*** Alternate Outro ***

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Cheers dude, I do actually have a banging ending but it doesnt really follow on well from the Do You Believe. I'll up it in a bit, DNBshare is being ridiculously slow, 2kbps ffs!

Listening as i type Russla, the intro had me hooked on it straight away and left me wanting more. The track selection is great, i like the way you have something in there which can appeal to most....

The way i judge tracks in the mix is by picturing myself having no knowledge of DNB what so ever, if this were true i would have never of guessed it were 2 songs mixed and i really think thats the way it should be done.

When you do a new mix, please let me know!

Changed my name to 'Unit' just waiting for a Admin to get that done for me.

Take it easy bud

Thanks very much for the feedback Haze, muchos love :)

Just put your mix on my phone so will let you know laters, nice one!

Just out of interest mate where did you place?

Well it was all genres so the top 3 were all Electro and House, no chance of winning over such a widely commerical genre :(

They didnt place any others.. Was a bit pissed cos the organisers we're barely even interested in the DNB, so fucked off straight after the results. It was good fun tho, big system at the venue :)

I might add that from what i got told from randomers that I was by a long way the best DNB Dj there, so a win on that front :)

Well iv just downloaded an listened, very tight mixing mate and good selection! Wasted on them judges, they wouldn't have appreciated it anyway.

Well iv just downloaded an listened, very tight mixing mate and good selection! Wasted on them judges, they wouldn't have appreciated it anyway.

Cheers dude :)

Yeah man the judges/organisers werent to be seen during pretty much all the DNB heads sets, shameful!

One good thing was that some guys from Bournemouth UNI were filming/photographing and i spoke to them after and they said they pretty much filmed my whole set as they liked it so much :) Its guna be up on YouTube in a few weeks so i'll post it up here when its done!

A nice bit of exposure in a properly produced video should be wicked!

"Ah please chaps a bit of feedback isn't much to ask!"

ya lucky to get this much feedback m8

I uploaded my mix and not 1 reply

"Ah please chaps a bit of feedback isn't much to ask!"

ya lucky to get this much feedback m8

I uploaded my mix and not 1 reply

Yeh the difference being i've been here for a little longer and leave feedback as much as i can, where as you've left like next to no feedback..

Gota give it to get, thats just the way it goes here!

Back
Top Bottom