So I've gone veggie...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RUSSLA, Jun 16, 2015.

1. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Been thinking about it for a fair while and finally made the plunge. I'm super hippy these days, everything living has a soul imo, so makes a lot of sense to me not eating animals when we definitely don't need to in this day and age.

Thought you'd all like to know and obviously fire some abuse at me for being a turbo fag.

Moskit likes this.
  2. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

I had a vegan bbq the other day.

Thought I´d give it a try.

It sucked big time.

Other than that, eating less meat is a good thing.

3. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

I take it plants and vegetables are off your 'holier than thou, everything living thing has a soul' diet, or do you not respect plant life enough in your ignorant easily swayed, faux, perfection of life, idealogy?

Vegetables have feelings too. You, pud.

herojuana and sam the dnb man like this.
  4. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Have fun on Christmas

5. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

RUSSLA and dizzledee like this.
  6. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Fag fag fag etc. etc.

I've been really keen to try and month of veggie for a while, but living at home at the moment and I don't think my family would be happy for me to inflict it upon them. Will be doing this at some point in the future, however I can't see it leading to a completely meat-free future.

I lived with a guy for a while who'd made the switch and he gave some interesting insight: for the 5 or so meats he gave up (beef, chicken, pork etc...) he said he'd gained at least 20 new vegetables, having to broaden his culinary horizons to accommodate this new diet.

I do eat a pretty wide range of veggies already myself, but the prospect of finding and starting to use an even wider range sounds pretty rad. Will be interesting to hear what new stuff you start eating, I presume you and the worlds bean varieties will be getting pretty up close and personal.

As for the soul stuff, I'm not sure I've sampled enough hallucinogens to comment just yet :p

RUSSLA likes this.
  7. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Crooog man that's facking awesome! Nice one geez!

8. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I've heard from Mo that Quorn makes REALLY TASTY CHILLI............

I was scarred for life by my mother when i was a yout. Spaghetti Bolognese made with BeanFeast is really not a quality alternative to mince beef.

9. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

That's good you'll be on it soon too, I was dabbling for about 2 months then just went all in, best thing ive done in a while, for my peace of mind more than anything!

Haha yeah it's going to be an interesting adventure deffo, with sites like that one Craig posted I literally feel like a kid in sweet shop! I'll post up some pics and tings when i get going proper this weekend.

And yeh i went mad deep on Nos for a while and pretty much worked out everything I need to know about life lolol!

10. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Hey!
    Don't use the word "FAG"
    It's insensitive to butt pirates.

RUSSLA likes this.
  11. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

I could not go veggie, like a steak to much, also couldn't be a hippy, I've been to too many psytrance raves, Every time I went I find myself hating hippies a little more , although did see some hippy screaming his head off last time I went to one saying "call 911, I'm dying, I've taken some acid and think my brain is shrinking!" hahahaha, stupid hippies, same bloke was probably chatting about how he see's another dimension and is one with the universe when he is tripping before he took it! Also when I say hippies I mean psytrance hippies, not to be confused with the soft rock hippies, thats a different story all together . . . . . anyways good luck with the vegetables russ, no more chicken shish for you !!!!!!!!

12. William Stutter

William Stutter Active Member

13. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I have a fair few vegetarian meals but, don't think I could ever make the switch full time. I never eat real mince though, Quorn is so much better for you and tastes near enough the same when mixed into lasagne, spaghetti or pasta bakes.

I do love a nice steak every now when I visit a restaurant and also really enjoy fish. So really wouldn't enjoy meals knowing I could eat them.

I do have a fair few vegan relatives though

14. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

the number 11, the black flame, MLO, the foolish demi-urge, the return to chaos.

indeed young william. also,
    that norwegian song, you remember that fucking crap 'what does the fox say", well, turns out, he is of the opinion that chaos reigns.

you know whom im talking about. and the forrest is his throne.

15. William Stutter

William Stutter Active Member

uff. me gettin ol.

16. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yeah... i eat alot of veggie meals... i dont feel the need, not offense to you.. to take a leap of any sort... but some would say that me have commitment issues, another story entirely... but i dont feel the need to follow a regime and have a label of vegetarian / vegan .. having said that, im reading alot of books by vegan / veggie athletes and i eat alot of veggie meals and go days without meat without noticing..

that thug cookbook i just bought and the website like good.. cheers croooog.

im not overly bothered about the ethical side of things, but for health reasons im on that shit.. one of my favourite meals is this - oven roasted veggies - carrot , beetroot , potato , celery , onion , aubergine , courgette , roast with a dash of olive oil rubbed in a and seasoning , salt pepper bit of oregano or thyme.. then mix into cous cous and fill a toasted wholemeal pitta bread , smear inside with humous, and fill the fuckers up ... have it for lunch most days.. its good man.. also.. before mixing the roasted veg with cous cous.. put half to one side... and the next day.. buy some ready rolled puff pastry.. and lay out two a4 sized bits of pasty on a floured worktop.. fill one half with the vegetable mixure.. crumble loads of feta cheese ontop and then put other sheet of pastry over it and pinch the sides in.,. slit the top a couple times and bake at 190-200 for say 20 mins till the top is puffed up and golden.. eat warm or cold and reheat by putting into a preheated hot oven for 5-10 mins..

feels good.

dizzledee and Dannyboy93 like this.
  17. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

That sounds incredible! I've been a fan of cous cous for a while now and this does look delish! Nice one guv

18. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

not a massive fan of vegetables but that pastry thing sounds peng!

19. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Fucking trying that...

Let's get some pix going chumz... definitely post up when you've got the nosh down Russla.

I'm trying to get in at least 2 veggie meals a week and lots of veggie snacks - love making my own baked beans with loadsa extras using tinned haricots. Problem is whenever I cook for my dad and brother they just give me this "where is the meat" bullsheeeet... which pisses me off... mostly because you don't question the chefs logic... but also because you just don't need meat for every meal... people need to get there heads round this.

20. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Will do man, got the flat to myself this weekend so guna go all Eddie Sheppard in the kitchen yooo!