so I'm really having trouble beat matching

I have a question.. say a record of mine has a intro on it (which most of mine do) I don't know if I'm asking this correctly, but it's 4/8 bars (the intro) then it drops .. how do I go about applying the part after the intro trying to match it up? like as soon as the intro is over do i began to count by bars again?

avoid CD's where possible, their for lightweight, fanny, house DJ's

the only time a CDJ ought to come into play is if you are sent a load of tunes and you cant/ dont have the option to cut them.

at the end of the day ,Vinyl from the beginning to the end.

I have never had the problem of tracks drifting...but I don't think I mix normally...doh :P

I listen to both and adjust the pitch then mix in

I think after a while you get your own method...practice loads...

Some records I find mix straight away and go really well, another two may take loads of working on...just get all your records out and try loads of combinations, you will def find some that mix with no pitch adjustment at all

Hope that helps :)

thanks man for that info. everyone thank you!

i may need to read up on it or practice more and don't give up and continue to enjoy the music that i love =)

I was able to record a small dose of records just a few minutes ago and your gonna hear that i can't keep them on match, but hear the mini mix and keep giving me advice.. i'm really on this forum alot because it's awesome and again sorry for making yer ears bleed with the train wrecking

TL

hometown glory - high contrast remix
chase and status - hurt you
bachelors of science - song for lovers
system - nu tone
high contrast - eternal optimist

uploading right now to zshare.

plain and simple u need to learn when to drop it and how to tell which drums should be matched up from each track..
i wudnt bother posted in mixes section mate, try the tutorials if i was you!!

plain and simple u need to learn when to drop it and how to tell which drums should be matched up from each track..
i wudnt bother posted in mixes section mate, try the tutorials if i was you!!

I would still likes some sort of feed on the mini mix so others can hear what I'm talking about.. thanks for the reply doh

learn to push the vinyl at the start of the beat when the start of the beat of the other son begins. simple! the speeding up n slowing down should become easier as there almost in sync anyway and once youved mastered that u can practice where to mix the song in and use volume & eqing

hurt you into songs for lovers was matched when u first crossfaded it in in but the song was slightly too slow and it went out of sync cus its slower. and it gradually got more and more outta sync till clash!

i heard a phaser effect in there, u must have a good mixeR??? better than the 1 i have :/

yea i got a pioneer 400 djm mixer with two black mk1200 technics along with technics receiver and speakers, but thanks for that info.. i'll continue to try it out as i get more into it and record and listen to what is going on

still needs work. but yeah, listen to as many mixes as possible. i suggest listening to some simpler mixes (standard beatmatch and fade in stuff) so you get down the basics first. also continue the practice of listening to 2 different tunes at once. and another old trick is to buy 2 copies of the same tune and beatmatching 'em!

can anyone point out some simple sets I can listen to them? Would help. Thanks

I doubt anyone will have made a simple set, but in any set or mix there will be some simple mixes and some more complex ones. Just keep listening to sets and you'll hear all the different ways of mixing tracks.

well if ya want a simple mix head into mixes setion and i got a mix on there mate.. ull see how when i drop some tracks then theyre out of sync aswell.. most the time they need speedin up, iv bin mixin a few months and not anywhere near solid beatmatchin!
it takes time and lotsa practise!!

oh yeah i'm using a pionner djm 400 mixer, but it's also kinda hard for me to hear whats going on within my headphones.. any tips on this?

2 Tips...spend the whole of the first part of the tune beat matching in your headphones and mix after the second main break ( take your time )

Mix in your headphones without bass, just mix the tune that's coming in with the bass turned right down and use the treble to beat match, as you bring in the tune turn up the bass.....works for me and im a noob ( 1 year of mixing )

Ive just figured out this for myself and it can be different on different set ups as to what you can hear in your headphones but this works for me and im seeing real progress recently

Oh and there is no real substitute for practice!!!

Back
Top Bottom