So im now using logic... a few logic questions

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
1. What VSTs do you recommend...Ive none whatsoever, is there any essential ones?

2. when adding rex's to the ESX24 (converting) is there anyway to preview the rex before importing, as i have to load it up then see if its one i want to use, ive not got reason or recycle

3. How do you separate the main mixer from the sequencer window..

FTR you want AU's not VST.

Are you on LPX? Only 64bit btw in case you didnt know.

1) Waves and FabFilter are my essentials.
2) Can't help there.
3) CMD+2

1. What VSTs do you recommend...Ive none whatsoever, is there any essential ones?

2. when adding rex's to the ESX24 (converting) is there anyway to preview the rex before importing, as i have to load it up then see if its one i want to use, ive not got reason or recycle

3. How do you separate the main mixer from the sequencer window..

1. Logic's stock plugins are quite good. As far as third party plugins go, your best bet is to do a search of the forum for "Best Plugins" or "Favorite Plugins," there's lots of discussion about what different producers like and why. I'm a u-he, FabFilter & SoundToys man myself. Just remember that Logic uses AU plugins, not VST.

2. If you haven't already, go here and download the REX shared library file. This will allow Logic to preview and open REX files. Now when you preview REX files in Logic's file browser, you can preview them. There's other tricks you can do with REX files and EXS24 as well. Do a search for EXS24 in the Logic manual and prepare to be wowed. :)

3. CMD+2 as Russla stated.

Also, check out this website for a reference to all of Logic's key commands. You'll work faster by clicking less.

Back
Top Bottom