So, if you could take any tune from 2004 back to 1997..

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
..Which tune would it be?

It's 1997, you are about to step up in front of 600 junglists, it's the prime time slot of the night, which tune from 2004 do you touch down with?

I was thinking it would be cool to kick off with 'No Hope?' by Keaton & Hive! Kill 'em dead :slayer:

I thought of this while listening to Mary Anne Hobbs last night :teeth:

sdm said:
..Which tune would it be?

It's 1997, you are about to step up in front of 600 junglists, it's the prime time slot of the night, which tune from 2004 do you touch down with?

I was thinking it would be cool to kick off with 'No Hope?' by Keaton & Hive! Kill 'em dead :slayer:

I thought of this while listening to Mary Anne Hobbs last night :teeth:

Good choice (y)

My choice(s) would be:

Black Sun Empire - B'Negative (SKC & Chris Su Remix)
Hive - Krush
Photek - Baltimore
:boom:

I'd probs choose Another Planet jus cos when i 1st heard it I was like 'wo whats this!?' & its got the swing beat which they probs wouldnt have heard in D&B in '97.
I would like to play sumthin by Tech Itch, but I reckon the crowd would be like 'what the fuk is this chopped up shit!'

MIST - 'Outer Space'
The keys they use in this track are so trippy, everyone back then would be like, wtf?

umm dunno, probably another planet coz the different sound and varied beat would freak the fuck out of everyone. tough one though

Masokist

there was some dark shit around in 97, so you cant scare em with badness. Gotta be mad breaks and uber-production styles, to counter the two-step overload at the time.

Something by Break too, maybe Positive/Negative.

(y)

great topic

Something by Evol Intent. It would show that shit is even more menacing and darker with some REAL beats, REAL bass and doesn't need a bunch of weird alien fart sounding distorted noises to show that you have production skills. Then you could tell the crowd the song you just played was by a bunch of american boys and the jaws would drop.

anything off violence recordings this year would sure to shake things up. as well as black sun empire (i love the remix of eye-d's unicorn (not a 2004 track, but still :slayer: )). evol intent would hit hard too.
hmm, so many others too. like photek - age of empires, all of ram raiders vol 6.
cool question.

The Upbeats - Fill Me in

Juju & Craze - Montana's War

Mosus & Kiljoy - I Like It Ruff (even though it's 2003)

:alf:

Last edited:
Phokus said:
Yeah it would... there was no dubwise back in 97!

maybe thats an opinion thing, I think Digital's early stuff was really dubbed out, like Metro on Metalheadz, 97

Back
Top Bottom