So I got

Discussion in 'Production' started by IV4, Nov 7, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

So I got a new mac and I got reason 6.5(All I can afford). I am as excited as a school girl meeting justin beiber right now. The thing is 6.5 is so much different to 4.0 that I don't even know many of the basics. I feel like a virgin and thats not a bad thing. What I don't like about is the learning curve, all over again. Also, because I did not own the registration key to 4.0 I can not duplicate my best patches into the new version. I am happy to have so much more tools to make music yet still, I am taking a step back. Any similar stories? Sorry just expressing a nostalgic memory for what I had. Funny how these programs can make you emotional.

2. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Congratulations bro that's awsome your moving up in the wold of audio production. About the fact your presets are none transferable that sux man, but atleast u got it :) as one last attemped, do your presets get saved to file formate? If they do find them copy and past. Good luck on your new jurney bro.

3. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

saved combinator patches should still load up i would have thought?

4. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Yeah I always save stuff in combinators, it's good practice.. woulda thought even the synthesizer patches would still be able to be loaded in a newer version, seems strange that you cant... what happens when you try to load a patch?

Also.. how much did you pay? I want it :(

5. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Aren't they all a similar price these days? I know Reason and Ableton are the same price? Sucks about the patches! I bought 5 second hand, so it's not registered to me. l Would be pissed if I lost all my patches!

That can't be right surely? As all the free downloadable patches made by the public wouldn't work either as they are not registered to you?

6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Don't know I am not computer savvy. I can't seem to get the patches to work for now but I might have a guy.

Reason cost me $300.00 doallars U.S. so if your in England that is like 150 pounds.

7. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

That's cheap! It's £300 here! I know where to get mine from haha