So i found this mixer....

ArguS

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
VIP Junglist
Anyone any good with wires and shit??
I got this mixer its bog standard but right now im broke so i wanna try and hook it up to my laptop so i can mix with my laptop but using the mixer... Is that possible?
The back of my mixer looks like this;

MX-10backWB.jpg

My speaker system is a Phillips Hi-Fi which is currently connected to my laptop with one of those earphone jack to red/white cables.. Its got a shit load of holes in the back..
Anyone got any ideas? Ive got a few wires and shit lying around but i dont know what to do and truth be told I dont have any weed so im finding it difficult to comprehend how to hook it up..

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated..
Cheers

Virtual DJ has that option, but you need a good sound card. And tbh, I never tried that method since I have turntables anyway, but it's a start.

Master Output to Line In using;

SK104812.JPG

The rest I have no idea about unfortunately, but I'm sure someone here has the knowledge.

Yeah that picture is of the cable I use to link mine up. I also got some adapters (plug them into each output thing and it splits it into two...so you can also link up speakers..it just creates another output)

Before you think about hooking your laptop up to your mixer, you have to think of how you will play tunes and beatmatch them..

You can do this using Virtual DJ, but you will have to use mono unless you have a 4.1 channel or better sound card.

Anyone any good with wires and shit??
I got this mixer its bog standard but right now im broke so i wanna try and hook it up to my laptop so i can mix with my laptop but using the mixer... Is that possible?
The back of my mixer looks like this;

MX-10backWB.jpg

My speaker system is a Phillips Hi-Fi which is currently connected to my laptop with one of those earphone jack to red/white cables.. Its got a shit load of holes in the back..
Anyone got any ideas? Ive got a few wires and shit lying around but i dont know what to do and truth be told I dont have any weed so im finding it difficult to comprehend how to hook it up..

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated..
Cheers

EDIT:

MC10WB.jpg

Last edited:
Huge find thanks dude.. So i guess i need another soundcard? USB thingy.. Hassle..
Unless... And im clutching at straws here.. I plug say the Red cable into Channel 1 (the left side of the crossfader) and the White cable into Channel 2 (the right side of the fader).. And then wack those joining cable straight into my laptop.. I think it would be mono so like when i wacked it to the left the sound would come out of my left speakers and vice versa.. Hell might be worth a try, ill let you know what goes down
Thanks for your help

edit- bollock i think it would work but i dont have the cable to go from the output jack on the mixer to my hi-fi.. Its a red/white to red/white cable.. Well i do have one but its been cut in half :/ Im gonna try and string the bare wires together and see what happens.. Lets see if that D in GCSE systems and control gets me anywhere :D

edit2- Damn i should of got at least a C, i got that shit workin.. It jumps from the left to the right of my room when i crossfade but apart from that its all good.. No need to invest in a usb soundcard.. Hopefully this will keep me happy till i get my decks ;)
Thanks for the help people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom