So how much time do you put into producing?

to make it as a producer you got to devote ur life to productions and spend the best part of every day for a good few months at least stuck at a computer progressing your skills

That's a good point.

Also note that in history artists were never paid much, and if they did they were very very few. Some artists weren't even recognized until they died, but that's an extreme case lol.

Always remember that artists (music, painters etc...) will always have it hard because it is so unpredictable and competitive.

ffs I guess I'm just to busy to create top notch DnB. Gonna have to make some sacrifices in my life and not have it as a side hobby if I want to get up to scratch. Would loooooove to be able to make a living from it, but I gotta work. :(

Last couple of tunes i did,
I jus plugged at em and finished in around 15hours!
But that was through ill experience =[
Usually i dont have the patience to sit down and think,
But when i finally do,
I try to stay on for as long as i can

i think this is an unprofessional work flow...
if your doing it full time a tune ever fortnight
max.. but a week is a better standard...

its all about the epic all day all sessions everyday...
teebee writes for about 12 hour + a day...
teebee is a machine...

I get to see teebee in 2 weeks for the first time, i seriously can't wait.

As far as production goes, as long as i am feeling the track i can keep a solid work flow going. Once i get to a point that you don't like it or you think its missing something i would rather start a new project.

i try to spend time making music between work, hanging with my amazing girlfriend & playing shows (which has been at least 1-2 times a week nowadays) I usually get abou 5-10 hours making music a week if i am really dedicated to working on a project.

I also have a few friends i colab with too so it depends on when our schedules line up.

I pretty much always have about 5-10 projects on the go all the time, might be why i have a hard time finishing things.

at least 4 hours a day for me. Takes me anywhere from two days to 3 weeks to finish a tune. Depends on inspiration.

I MAKE time to produce my tunes. in fact i'm producing right at this moment...An epic sounding Dub track X'd with psytrance...works very well I must say....should be finished in a week or so.

Peace!
Matt

Back
Top Bottom