So chemical records are gonna start selling MP3's!!

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
madness!!!

if u aint seen it yet their mp3 store launches in a few days

what do people think of this? djs, producers?

we gonna see loads of mp3 labels released?

personally i feel as though wax is slowly but surely being stamped out, I LOVE vinyl, but if there's stuff i can't play without FS or CD dex I think I'm gonna have to go digital.

klusta said:
madness!!!

if u aint seen it yet their mp3 store launches in a few days

what do people think of this? djs, producers?

we gonna see loads of mp3 labels released?

personally i feel as though wax is slowly but surely being stamped out, I LOVE vinyl, but if there's stuff i can't play without FS or CD dex I think I'm gonna have to go digital.

i dunno. im open minded about it, but vinyl rules!

I just love it!

And to be fair vinyl is REAL DJ'ing :slayer:

I am a vinyl lover but if sale of mp3s is bringing more money into the scene by getting new customers (people who normally illegally download there dnb tunes) rather than just making people who would normally buy vinyl change to digital then its all good.

There's so many distinct advantages to both vinyl and cd that I highly enjoy playing with both mediums nowadays.

Looking forward to the chemical online shop, www.imorecords.com also has a pretty good MP3 shop and a lot of dnb labels are participating right now offering their entire discographies for download on there (RAM, True Playaz, Defunkt, etc.) Human, Hospital, and Violence have their tunes up on the iTunes store for sale as well. I think it's great that so many top labels are willing to participate in this, it enables many aspiring dj's who are tight on cash to have access to tunes that they otherwise could not afford on vinyl, which is getting more expensive by the minute.

Granted I still love vinyl as much as the next dj, but I honestly think legally downloaded MP3's on CD are practically as good, if not less expensive. If a DJ's playing a good track I don't think it should matter whether it's being played on wax or CD. :)

nickdawg said:
There's so many distinct advantages to both vinyl and cd that I highly enjoy playing with both mediums nowadays.

Can't agree more. I love and use both - in what every way is appropriate.

I prefer to buy cds rather than buy mp3s though - I don't like the encoding on some mp3 stores - 192 or 256 is a bit shoddy IMO especially as subbass frequencies are concerned.

Last edited:
Vinyl is never going to die, lets all remember to keep our pride in oour pockets and just go with it. I am saving up for a cdj800 maybe a 1000 if i can wait long enough, i have so many unreleased tunes from my buddies and various big names small names that said i could use their stuff in sets, its really exiting, mp3 sales will most definatly open up new doors for the scene because the monopoly that the big name record companies won't have as much control, which i believe is a good thing....NO MORE CLOWN STEP!!!!!

jungle_slut said:
....... mp3 sales will most definatly open up new doors for the scene because the monopoly that the big name record companies won't have as much control, which i believe is a good thing....NO MORE CLOWN STEP!!!!!

lets look forward to a torrent of poorly bedroom produced dark tech biz with no shelf life and less spirit then. goodo.

mesh said:
lets look forward to a torrent of poorly bedroom produced dark tech biz with no shelf life and less spirit then. goodo.
i could say the same thing about the average Baron or Fresh track, its all just a matter of opinion.

xen said:
And a FUCKload more sales for Stanton Final Scratch.
I've just sold my FinalScratch, I can't say I recommend it over CD's.

<3 my Pio CDJ100 :teeth:

... But there's gonna be a lot of die-hard vinyl fanboys who won't ever properly give in to the digital revolution - and I guess some people do enjoy the tactility (making up words? nm) of vinyl... Can't be beaten sometimes.

i spend a lot of time scouring dnb forums for good quality unsigned music from newcomer producers. DSCI4.com's future board is an untapped resource for this. i do this because maybe 25% of the tracks i like & want to play ever see a vinyl release. i dont want to miss out just because some UK distributor or another deems a GOOD tune not release worthy. some of these guys (or in fact most) end up being discovered long after i & many other like-minded DJs have been supporting their music.

jungle_slut said:
i could say the same thing about the average Baron or Fresh track, its all just a matter of opinion.

thats true you can say you don't like them of course. doesn't make them untalented

My point is that quality control is bound to get harder when there is a technology that allows basically anyone to get a tune distributed. I'm not saying its going to damage the scene out of hand, cause its lived through worse and does have some benefits too.

It is another step up from the CD revolution for DJs imo, which i agree has been a good thing as I live in australia. and it will have knock on effects in terms of quality.

If you think clownstep is the epitome of poor quality thats cool, just don't expect less of it with mp3s being distributed like this.

mesh said:
thats true you can say you don't like them of course. doesn't make them untalented

My point is that quality control is bound to get harder when there is a technology that allows basically anyone to get a tune distributed. I'm not saying its going to damage the scene out of hand, cause its lived through worse and does have some benefits too.

It is another step up from the CD revolution for DJs imo, which i agree has been a good thing as I live in australia. and it will have knock on effects in terms of quality.

If you think clownstep is the epitome of poor quality thats cool, just don't expect less of it with mp3s being distributed like this.
good point

Back
Top Bottom