So boys i'm getting my ass into production!

Little update.. Apple said that i should expect my Mac on the 3rd Decemeber! Wtf, they got fucking knomes with tiny fingers building them or something?

Anyways... i'm gettin restless! I wana get Logic on the go~!

if you speced it up from the standard model that was on offer they have to build it from scratch, hence the wait....

Nah dont think its that, i got a new macbook pro recently, specced it up and they still delivered the next day...

But yeah cant wait to sort logic out on my mac too :)

WOOHOOO! The beast arrived yesterday, its SOO Shweet!!

Now to buy all my goodies! Got £1000+ to get my started and Ive got a few things already in mind;

Logic 9
Massive
M-Audio midi keyboard
An audio interface thingy migig

What else will I need to get going ?

Any help would be much obliged ;)

Native Instruments have got thanksgiving deals until Nov 30.
Massive is only 99 euros.
Also reaktor, absynth, or fm8 are 99 euros each.

i would use that money to get firstly and foremost quality monitors so you can hear your stuff properly & a good sound card

get the soft synths later once you comfy with Logic

WOOHOOO! The beast arrived yesterday, its SOO Shweet!!

Now to buy all my goodies! Got £1000+ to get my started and Ive got a few things already in mind;

Logic 9
Massive
M-Audio midi keyboard
An audio interface thingy migig

What else will I need to get going ?

Any help would be much obliged ;)

so the frustration begins.......... Gud luck

i would use that money to get firstly and foremost quality monitors so you can hear your stuff properly & a good sound card

get the soft synths later once you comfy with Logic

I have the Rockit 6 copy speakers atm, exactly the same parts and made in the same factory so will they be ok for production yeah?

I was looking at some sound interfaces the other day but there are just so many I have no clue where to start. Apogee One looks ok but I wana get something more verstaile so is an M-Audio one the best bet?

Oh and I had a look for N.I Massive on the net but can only find it for bout £130 delivered, that a good price?

rockit 6's should be fine....

NI are doing a sale at the moment where you can get massive, fm8, kontakt and other bits they make for £99 each, but it only lasts til the 30th novemeber.

or you can buy komplete 6 and get 6 of their synths/samplers whatever for £399

i guess you'll only be using your soundcard for monitoring? as you probably won't be doing my live recording of singing/instruments?

so just go for something some with nice preamps and nice a/d conversion. something that's just guna hold up and do what it does well. don't really know what you mean by wanting somehting 'versatile' but there's no oint getting something with 8 ins and 8 outs if that's what you were thinking....

focusrite make some nice stuff, might wana check them out. i recently got the saffire 6 and i can say it's just lovely.

Dude, the most useful post Ive heard from you in ages lol :grouphug: Thanks man!

I see what you mean now about the in's and out's thingys. Basically just need to somthing to connect up my keyboard, a drum pad and maybe play around with some of my dads guitar FXs pedals. So will this do that ok? :

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet.php

Doesn seem to have enought inputs tho..

Gordo mentioned a Urei jobby somewhere but can't seem to find the post.. Money aint really an issue at the moment so can afford to bend the rules a bit like (y)

Oh and my dad has something similar to this:

roland04vs1680.l.jpg

Could I use that aswell at a later stage? I'm a grade 8 drummer so may mess about in the future :)

Dude, the most useful post Ive heard from you in ages lol :grouphug: Thanks man!

I see what you mean now about the in's and out's thingys. Basically just need to somthing to connect up my keyboard, a drum pad and maybe play around with some of my dads guitar FXs pedals. So will this do that ok? :

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet.php

Doesn seem to have enought inputs tho..

Gordo mentioned a Urei jobby somewhere but can't seem to find the post.. Money aint really an issue at the moment so can afford to bend the rules a bit like (y)

looks like that's more aim at mobile 'on the go use' so you might as well get a 'stationary' soundcard, something like this > http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR326826

your midi(?) keyboard will plug in thru usb.
drum machine, i guess maybe the same? not sure as i've never used one, if not it'd probably go in the midi in on the soundcard?
as for recording guitar with fx you'll only need 1 input for that. and i doubt you'll be be recording more than 1 thing at a time...

Ah ok sound! Thanks for clearing all this up chief, got a better idea of what I need now (y) Guna get searching!

all of that shits irrelevant. alls you need is good monitors, maybe a midi keyboard and off you go. ive come full circle see, i started with software, started getting into hardware and now that ive got all the shit i could possilby need, im rregressing back into software again.
but ill tell you this, an emu sampler, a reverb, a tube pre amp a compressor and a nice desk are things id really like to have available when i write, but im setting up my mac right now going to be strickly software.

point is, this discussion is purely philosphical. all you need to make music is a computer and speakers with some kind of way to make sound and record it. after that all this talk of alesis korg virus akai cubase logic all that shit is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom