So bored at work - most boring job ever?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D BREAKNECK, Jul 21, 2009.

1. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Right, I work as a manager in a Theatre. It's alright, fairly well paid, fairly flexible, some very nice staff (lots of cute actresses working in my team) some long hours and some late nights, so that's that. It's pretty interesting and varied, so no complaints there.

But, the Theatre's season finished 2 weeks ago and now the place is dead, no staff in apart from management, but I still have to come in and make up my 35 hours a week.:rolleyes:I spent last two weeks doing bits and pieces that needed doing and preparing for new season, but now there's literally nowt to do.

There's a weekend of shows early Aug, and a week full late Aug, other than that nowt til September.

Tbh, I'd rather it was busy cos I'm bored shitless, and am also having to get up in the mornings to get in during the day. I've even started bringing in DVDs to watch.

Sitting around in an empty office for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week soon gets very boring. All I've done today is check my work email (nothing new) make one phone call about one staff member's availabilty for August, and received one phone call from another member of staff.

Only plus is more opportunity to train my Thai boxing in the evenings.

Oh, and more web time, but there's a fairly strict nsfw filter system I don't wanna trigger too many times...:rolleyes:

Yawn. Anyone else had similarly boring work experiences?

2. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

Next week I'm going into work, I'm not sure if I will have any work but I'll still get payed for my time, so it's not all that bad.. it gets so boring after a few days though!

3. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

you should dress up a mannequin dummy to look like you then escape the monotony through a ventilation shaft.

4. wo88le

or even better, run amok in the props cupboard and set up your own play. You could find the smoke button and do the whole rise through the floor scenario. The possibilities are endless.

aww man that would be well cool..

5. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

This

6. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Hey homeslice sounds a lot like my gig.

I work for a lighting company that does theatre / stage lighting as well as staging and drapery.

I am the shop manager and work 5 days a week by my self. Its not as bad as you think it is. I get paid to read a book or hang out on facebook and dnb forum.

Just keep busy that is the key! The more you sit and wish you weren't so bored the longer the day gets.

7. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Books may be the solution, or finding a corner to sleep in...

:)

8. *SweetPea*

*SweetPea* LADY VINYL

You need to do this.

9. wo88le

you could set fire to your face and learn to play the organ.

its an option...

10. *SweetPea*

*SweetPea* LADY VINYL

you're coming up with some good ideas!

11. wo88le

i should probabley go lie down or something

12. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

find something to do, read a book, write a script etc.

or you could spend the time writing scathing letters to people, it's pretty much all my grumpa does with his life these days

count yourself lucky tho, i spent 7 hours this morning deep cleaning a classroom, moving furniture, hoovering, scrubbing dirty hand prints & wiping ink of the walls, fookin' nackered...

13. APERone

APERone YO, SHIT'S MAD ILL SON.

I had a dream I was asking people for their address, so I could write letters.
    On a related note, yea read some books. I work for my parents, they own some liquors stores and gas stations, so it gets boring.
    working with cousins is fun, then we can drink and act stupid. Solo I just read, tore through some big books recently (count of monte cristo and 48 laws of power)