So basically I guess I'm kinda pissed

evol4276

DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!
VIP Junglist
Messages
871
Likes
1
#1
It's been difficult for my friend and myself to get to clubs n events around here in the US, since we're both under the legal drinking age. Since most major events call for 21+, we have not ever had the chance to go to anything yet. However, he just moved to LA last year, which apparently has a good scene there, and has been hitting up places like crazy i guess.. he's going tomorrow night to the Evol Intent/Silver show, I'm kinda pissed that that's his first "major" artist showing..


only because I need to get out there despite being the complete opposite end of the country. Haha it jus kinda sucks knowing people who get the chance to get out n see these things, while you're sitting here like "uuhhh?" haha either way, that show is going to be nasty I'm sure, lucky prick. :cool:
 

sparkyc10

Kentish Junglist
VIP Junglist
Messages
917
Likes
1
#2
i felt the same way when i was around 16. struggling to get into dnb nights near where i live was a mission and depressing when we couldnt get in most of the time. since ive turned 18 dnbs pretty much died in my town anyway :cry: i cant complain too much though as there are still a few bits going on in neighbouring towns and londons only an hour way. not quite the othe side of the states like you :(. not long til your 21 now though so its not too long to wait. and for acts like evolv intent the words 'road trip' spring to mind, even if the trip does take days :2thumbs:
 

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Messages
5,902
Likes
15
#3
And you can join the Army and get to meet interesting people and :antitank: them at 18.

But you can't have a beer in the Army bar.

Because its bad for your moral upbringing.

US drinking and age of consent laws are insane.
 

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
Messages
7,376
Likes
116
#4
Oh for the days of '89 where clubs just weren't in the picture....illigal parties were much better...u could roll foot long burneres and pass them to whoever without worrying about getting chucked out...shizza I have seen as young as 10 yr olds at raves ( and no I didn't chat them up ) .....Clubs are crap because there is never a real underground vibe..the lights are always too bright, the bouncers are c@nts, and it costs far too much. Also why is there never a queit room where you can talk & socialize...doesn't everyone hate get spit in your ear when someone is trying to tell ya somethink !!!!!!:mad:
 

evol4276

DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!
VIP Junglist
Messages
871
Likes
1
#5
Stan Phase said:
Oh for the days of '89 where clubs just weren't in the picture....illigal parties were much better...u could roll foot long burneres and pass them to whoever without worrying about getting chucked out...shizza I have seen as young as 10 yr olds at raves ( and no I didn't chat them up ) .....Clubs are crap because there is never a real underground vibe..the lights are always too bright, the bouncers are c@nts, and it costs far too much. Also why is there never a queit room where you can talk & socialize...doesn't everyone hate get spit in your ear when someone is trying to tell ya somethink !!!!!!:mad:
must be nice walkin around on sticky floors n shit too :uberlaugh :mrpanic:
 

sparkyc10

Kentish Junglist
VIP Junglist
Messages
917
Likes
1
#6
hahahaha. where i live that stickyness is known as 'rave juice'. I'm pretty sure its a combination of piss, sick, sweat, blood, beer and a whole host of other things i don't wish to know
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,398
Likes
14
#7
sparkyc10 said:
hahahaha. where i live that stickyness is known as 'rave juice'. I'm pretty sure its a combination of piss, sick, sweat, blood, beer and a whole host of other things i don't wish to know
HA!

not long to go now man, you have made it this far, but the last few steps are the hardest of any journey!
I didnt go to clubs til I was 18 anyway, cos the raves in perth kicked ass and they were unlicensed just like Stan recalls. Very rarely was a beer can spotted in those times ...
hang tight man, the US has a kickin scene to indulge in when you're of age! Fuck it, go on a road trip to Canada, do they have better drinking laws?
 

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,322
Likes
15
#8
Dustek said:
And you can join the Army and get to meet interesting people and :antitank: them at 18.

But you can't have a beer in the Army bar.

Because its bad for your moral upbringing.

US drinking and age of consent laws are insane.

:rinsed: Yeah right US drinking laws are fucked up.
At 18 years old in the States, you can drive a car, have sex, get married, have a child, vote, join the army, kill for your country, break the law and be charged as an adult, go to prison, and die by execution.


But you can't have a beer. (n)
 

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,322
Likes
15
#10
Very imaginative Josh but no.

He's playing Kancho, the fine and honorable japanese art of sticking your fingers up another person's bum.
 

evol4276

DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!
VIP Junglist
Messages
871
Likes
1
#11
Indi said:
Very imaginative Josh but no.

He's playing Kancho, the fine and honorable japanese art of sticking your fingers up another person's bum.
and wearing the other dude as a hand puppet? ugh.. :lol:

but yea, not too long now neways.. honestly i have no idea how it is in Canada.. I know people go there to smuggle alcohol into the states, so maybe the drinking age is lower there?? dunno.. either they go for that or the free health care. I'm betting on the first one
 

Ab0|2Ti0N

WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,050
Likes
0
#12
evol4276 said:
It's been difficult for my friend and myself to get to clubs n events around here in the US, since we're both under the legal drinking age. Since most major events call for 21+, we have not ever had the chance to go to anything yet. However, he just moved to LA last year, which apparently has a good scene there, and has been hitting up places like crazy i guess.. he's going tomorrow night to the Evol Intent/Silver show, I'm kinda pissed that that's his first "major" artist showing..


only because I need to get out there despite being the complete opposite end of the country. Haha it jus kinda sucks knowing people who get the chance to get out n see these things, while you're sitting here like "uuhhh?" haha either way, that show is going to be nasty I'm sure, lucky prick. :cool:

Haha, hate to rub it in Evol, but I'm going tomorrow night as well to see EVOL INTENT Yeah mayn, LA Scene is seriously blowing up mayn. So many good events with great talent happening here in the City of Lost Angels everyweek. TEKDBZ LABEL LAUNCH PARTY just passed, that was insane. FUNKTION WEDNEDAYS (+18), RESPECT THURSDAYS (+21), etc. I've been going to FUNKTION almost every week, the FUNKTION ONE SYSTEM is fucking ridiculous.
Git yo ass down here to LA! :zest:


March has some DISGUSTING LINEUPS AHEAD!!!
:slayer:
 

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
Messages
7,376
Likes
116
#13
evol4276 said:
must be nice walkin around on sticky floors n shit too :uberlaugh :mrpanic:
H aha -seems likes clubs are the same...if they're 'posh' athen all the bottles are champagne and people are scooping coke out of big bags ...but that was Adrenalin Village for you in '97 !!! Nope you pay your money to go to the club and it gets just as messy....just they don't have a diesel genarator going all night so you don't get warehouse snotters in the morning !!!! Not rub it in but I was getting served at 14 ( my dad was a chimp ). :cheerlead
 

YOUNG TUNA

IT'S ME BITCHES
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,412
Likes
39
#14
Indi said:
Very imaginative Josh but no.

He's playing Kancho, the fine and honorable japanese art of sticking your fingers up another person's bum.
hahah well said :lol: stupid japanese people, I'm lucky that high schoolers don't fancy "the kancho" anymore but i've been informed with some horrid rumours that they will do it again in university!

/offtopic

Heh, actually the first big artist I saw was DJ Hype in Nosturi, Helsinki and I was 16 that time. Went in with a friends' friends' ID of course but... twas fun allright.

But now I'm 18 and NOT living in USA so...

:miss_rep:
 

evol4276

DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!
VIP Junglist
Messages
871
Likes
1
#16
logikz said:
no no evol. you feel alright about it. you actually like it a little.
possibly :uberlaugh

Ab0|2Ti0N said:
Haha, hate to rub it in Evol, but I'm going tomorrow night as well to see EVOL INTENT Yeah mayn, LA Scene is seriously blowing up mayn. So many good events with great talent happening here in the City of Lost Angels everyweek. TEKDBZ LABEL LAUNCH PARTY just passed, that was insane. FUNKTION WEDNEDAYS (+1:cool:, RESPECT THURSDAYS (+21), etc. I've been going to FUNKTION almost every week, the FUNKTION ONE SYSTEM is fucking ridiculous.
Git yo ass down here to LA!
eventually.. one of these times when he has a longer break from school when he doesn't come home to PA, I'll make a trip out there.. I didnt realize it but there are shitloads of dnb things going on out there... good stuff too!!
 

mISHKA

Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
978
Likes
2
#17
Ahhhhh, the long forgotten art of finding someone who looks similar to you and blagging them up to use their I.D

Sometimes Id got in with no I.D just because all my friends have theirs,

18 now though :gpeace:

@Stan Phase Free parties are still around, they aint that big in the winter for me, too much squat tekno & rave juice, but when the summer comes ..... ;)
 

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Messages
11,110
Likes
3,002
#18
squatters have a techno genre of their very own in here amsterdam, its called 'tekkno' (not sure about pronounciation, im thinking its a flyer based thing, fucking stupid name isnt it). its superfast teched out deathcore to which you position yourself in front of the hugest speaker and yes, you guessed, do the hakkuh.
 

mISHKA

Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
978
Likes
2
#19
logikz said:
squatters have a techno genre of their very own in here amsterdam, its called 'tekkno' (not sure about pronounciation, im thinking its a flyer based thing, fucking stupid name isnt it). its superfast teched out deathcore to which you position yourself in front of the hugest speaker and yes, you guessed, do the hakkuh.
(y)

My favourite way to spend a saturday night
 

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
Messages
7,376
Likes
116
#20
THere have been some hefty free parties round this way (Over 20 soundsytems etc)....but back in eth day it was teh WHOLE rave scene and 1 or 2 soundsytems....There was one at Heston services on M4 that actually blocked the M4...those days are gone. I remeber a Spiral tribe do in Chalk Farm where the speaker stack on each side of eth stage was about 1 story high !!!! ( but that was 91, and it was already getting dark ...)
Still a few parties about though :) heres to this summer and Illict and ASBO soundsystems !!!
 
Top