so.... ableton live

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Made the switch from cubase to ableton over the weekend and i gotta say, i love it! a mate of mine had been tryin to convince me to switch for around 2 years now and i finally caved an im glad i did. all the limitations/writers block/problems caused by cubase are now long gone and i just wanted to create a thread to show my new found love for this wicked piece of software.

so anyone else made the switch to ableton with the same views? or even opposite views and regretted the move??

I used Ableton 6 a couple of years back producing for my old metal band, but I've never used it for DnB production. It seemed pretty solid when I was using it back then though, I may have to dig my copy back out.

argh u see.... i tried the switch but it didnt happen. Surely writers block is down to the person n not the software tho?

well its kind of like a writers block caused by my limitations and knowlege of cubase & reason. meaning that everything i made sounded the same and gave no inspiration when making beats.

Alot of the things i was unable/didnt know how to do in cubase.. not only do i know how to do them in ableton, but they are soo piss easy it has opened up a huge new spectrum of possibilities i only dreamed of.

I no it sounds silly, but its just nice to be out of my "music-making-rutt" that i was stuck in for a good few years and i can work on stuff out of my comfort zone.

well its kind of like a writers block caused by my limitations and knowlege of cubase & reason. meaning that everything i made sounded the same and gave no inspiration when making beats.

Alot of the things i was unable/didnt know how to do in cubase.. not only do i know how to do them in ableton, but they are soo piss easy it has opened up a huge new spectrum of possibilities i only dreamed of.

I no it sounds silly, but its just nice to be out of my "music-making-rutt" that i was stuck in for a good few years and i can work on stuff out of my comfort zone.

So true.....Ableton just has the best way to do things, everything that to me should take a while and be really technical, just seems to "happen" in Ableton.

It's like Ableton knows what I'm trying to do before I do!

Fuck man, I opened up Ableton for a couple of times this month already, but just can't get my head around it. Next to that I've got a lot of projects in Cubase that still needs to be finished. :D

strange....

Freek made the Switch, loved it
ARTFX tried it, hated it.
I made the switch, loved it
mrsfx tried it, hated it.

Funny how one program can grab one person, and the next may hate it....

I dont like it. It's cool and does great stuff, but it makes me feel like Im doing everything through a letterbox at the bottom, while Excel is opened above it. Meh. I am a total hardware guy, sequencer and all.

I love to change products almost yearly or every 6 months. I think once you've got your head around one you'll quickly fall into another if you dedicate some time to it.

It really helps me generate new ideas

Made the switch from cubase to ableton over the weekend and i gotta say, i love it! a mate of mine had been tryin to convince me to switch for around 2 years now and i finally caved an im glad i did. all the limitations/writers block/problems caused by cubase are now long gone and i just wanted to create a thread to show my new found love for this wicked piece of software.

so anyone else made the switch to ableton with the same views? or even opposite views and regretted the move??

so.... mariachi then :D

i am using it, still got a long way to go, just working on ableton 5 at the moment, that will do me for now...its a boss program like...bought a book n everything, still shit on it though hahah, made a tune the other day, u think its boss cos u have put loads of time and effort in to, u show ya mate, they look at you like you have just dunked ya knob in their tea...cos its pants, but i made it and i think its boss so fuck you.

I gave a try a couple years ago when I was just starting out. Confused the fuck outta me. Nowadays I think I would understand it better but I'm already very at home and comfortable with Logic which I just aquired last year. The main reason I'm looking into Ableton now are the live peformance capabilites... and all of Miszt free stuff that keeps making me envy you guys!

i completely forgot about that!!!! yes definately needs to be finished, one for rotten cheese methinks, will sort it all out with ableton etc asap n let ya know!

which version you got fam? I'll Wang over the baseline file, or possibly the project file at some point?

i've been using abelton for almost 9 months now, i'm absolutely loving it. i have logic too but i really can't get into it as much...i just find abelton so much quicker and cleaner then other DAWs
definitely going to be sticking with it

Good good, ableton is the way forward! its just so quick to get down your ideas once youve got the hang of things. its not the best program for arranging your track around cus most of the time ur working in the session view, but other than that, its epic. :)

Back
Top Bottom