Snorkel Vip

original is better, but is SPYs defence the tune had been doing the rounds for about a year before it actually came out

But the original had only been out a short while....why producers feel they need to do a VIP or a remix so soon is beyond me sometimes. And in some cases they arent as good as the original, this one being a case in point

Again, I don't think it's up to SPY to decide. I'm pretty sure Siren are planing a follow up 12/EP or something and therefor they've asked SPY & Jubei to remix a track... Thats how it goes almost never the other way around... Siren/the guy who runs the label are the ones to blame...

Tell me a single producer who would deny to remix Snorkel...? Obviously SPY didn't say no but tbh it's not even sure if it's coming out!

You cant blame SPY. If he gets asked to do a remix he would be mad to turn it down.

i think people are just wanting to hate on him at the minute because he's in demand.

Personaly, ive got 3 or 4 of his own tunes that im after that are about a year old now and still havnt made it out, now that might not be his fault, its probably the label they have been signed to, but his remixes make it out before his own tunes and that gets on my tits a bit.

He's in a catch 22, some remixes he's done recently (especialy old classics) he hasnt really touched much, just gave the drums a bit of an update and he gets cussed for it, the Snorkel remix, IMO isnt as good as the original (what could be) but i do like the twist he has taken on it. Putting the main riff from the original and only dropping that in the intro of the remix is a cool move for me.

Gotta say this went off big time last night when he played it, I reckon it's a large tune! SPY's output has been really good recently in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom