SNARE ROLL? goshh, an essential

Warmth

Me just luvs those stoppers in tracks... ohhh.
Here are few examples of this, and just, wow, this shit is so fun and cool and hopefully learnable..

But hey ?? How in the name of god do you get them down ? A series of different snares ? Well, how should they be organized?

Personal examples would be appreciated

The one on noisia Vanishing point (3rd one) really gets my heart pounding :love:

Attachments

• SnareRolls.rar
    332.7 KB · Views: 108
For me, I used a succession of the same snare in one channel, and then clone the channeland used individual hits of the cloned snare at a slightly higher volume, to give volume fluctuation in the roll, the fluctuation depends on what kind of roll you want. Use high hats, cymbals and other percussion to emphasise your roll.
Another thing I sometimes use is pitching the snare down an octave and shortening it up, then using it on top of the roll to give ghost snare effect to the some hits in the roll.
Or you can just sample a roll from a break, get it into synch and add your own hits to give the roll some shine. When you are looking for a particular sound in a drum roll, its may be really difficult to recreate the same sound, so its easier, more efficient and more effective to just use a sampled roll (y)

I've noticed that many snare rolls in dnb have turned into kick-rolls (?) as you would hear in lots of house tunes. All the same they sound great, but I love hearing fucked up glitch breaks in dnb tunes.

Back
Top Bottom