Snare (rimshot? Sidestick?)

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Hey there!

I'm trying to emulate the snare on this song:

I'm not familiar on creating this kind of snare (can I even call it that way?) I know this question has been asked probably a thousand times before, but the results on the searhc function were not as satisfying as I wanted to be.

Anyways, is it a combination of sidestick with rimshot? Or only layered rimshots? Of course I will need to tweak the ADSR, right?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

groelle

VIP Junglist
use the RIGHT samples as i said.

its a rimshot/sidesticky thing pitched quite a bit layered with a short clap whos got some reverb on it. at least as far as i hear it.

d-low

I know you got soul
VIP Junglist
you might be able to force a rim sound into something like that through tube saturation and hard compression, but it is mostly to me just a pitched up snare sample. If we are talking about the main snare of the tune, its just a pitched up snare with very little decay or sustain, in my opinion.

Dark Lizardro

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I posted this on other forum as well, and a guy there said it could be a snare made on a TR 707. What you guys think?

Mania

i fukin wot m8
VIP Junglist
I posted this on other forum as well, and a guy there said it could be a snare made on a TR 707. What you guys think?
doesnt sound like a 909, or an 808... could be? Are you trying to replicate the snare? If your not, the things me and groelle suggested will get you good enough results.

Dark Lizardro

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
doesnt sound like a 909, or an 808... could be? Are you trying to replicate the snare? If your not, the things me and groelle suggested will get you good enough results.
Yeah, I'm trying to achieve the snare of the downtempo part (just after the drop). I'll try to find some TR 707 samples to find out.