Snapping to grid on Logic

jsmith89

Hmph..... silly...
VIP Junglist
SO you know what really grinds my gears...

having to zoom all the way into the arrangement to snap a sample to the grid as logic can't seem to be able to find it. surely there's an easier way of doing it?

top right drop down menu. select what works for you. you can select snap to - beat, ticks, bar etc
i hate logic though...lol wish i had learnt on ableton all those years ago

Yes, the snapping issue can be a bit of a pain in the dick. If you find that the region still isn't snapping correctly after you've enabled the "snap" function, use your scissor tool and cut a piece of the region and delete the piece you cut. Now grab the corner of region and drag it out. You'll find that it now snaps perfectly. The scissors snap to the nearest grid line and are non-destructive. I actually use them as my secondary tool instead of the shitty crosshair tool.

Also, when pasting a region, if you press "enter" your playhead will go to the first marker of your loop, so when you paste it will be perfectly aligned.

ah i had completely forgot about this thread, came to post another one about it, still well annoying! that enter trick is genius thank you, not even sure what the snap to grid / beat etc does still as it doesn't seem to do anything. cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom