Smoother sub bass

Simply D.

Polysonic
Hey all.

So basically i want to know how i can get my sub bass sounding smoother?

I've got the content, and the bass rattles everything, but it seems like theres a lot of background noise.

I've already gotten rid of all the high freqs and the extreme low end and now i dont know what else to do.

any tips? thanks in advance.

you would have to tell me/us what you are using for sub-bass, what you are processing it with and how loud you are playing it and what is it rattling...(?)

edit: for me, using a sine, triangle or square wave(lowpassing the last two) works fine. getting rid of low end is NOT neccesary for your problem...sounds like you are using an unpure source.

Yes im just using a simple sine. I low passed everything at 25hz because i always thought that freqs that low will muddy things a little.

And when i say it rattles i meant like it shakes the walls and shit.

I use FL 8, 3xOsc for the bass, and the Fruity Free Filter for low passing. Also, i used EQUO for the eq.

The background noise isnt very loud, but in my ears it doesnt make the sub sound as crisp as it should.

Maybe its my speakers, or im thinking too much or something.

Also, its for a liquid dnb track.

Hmm, well I was told ages ago by someone on here who is quite knowledgeable that you shouldnt really EQ a sub, as sometimes that can interfere with the harmonics of the sound. If you are using a simple sine wave then there shouldnt be any issues with it, and maybe the EQ'ing and lowpassing of it is whats actually causing the problem????

Try playing the sine without any EQ or filter on there, see how that works...

EDIT: Just noticed you are using the fruity free filter on it too......check the Q setting on there as sometimes that can cause unwanted sounds...

Back
Top Bottom